Something fishy is going on....

A couple years ago at a family reunion in Idaho my nephew, aka Super Pizza Boy, went fishing and caught a trout.  The guy that worked at the campground cleaned the fish and then cooked it for us over an open campfire. 

Was it ever delicious!

(These are my two brothers.  The guy standing, aka Yogi, is SPB's dad.  He's also the most devout blogger I know.  Barely a day goes by that he doesn't post something new.  Check out his blog at http://www.yogis-den.com/.)







I decided to try recreating that wonderful trout.  Of course I didn't go fishing and catch my own fresh trout, instead I bought the frozen variety at the grocery store.

I will admit they look a little gross and I didn't enjoy handling their scaly skin.

Little did I know that the day I planned to cook the trout the weather would change and it would get too stormy and windy to cook outside on my fire pit.

Oh well, the oven will work just as good.  So I got the trout ready.  Defrosted them, washed them down, then filled them with butter and a variety of spices.  Then I wrapped them in foil and but them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Here's the finished product.

Not quite as good as SPB's trout, but they were still pretty good.  It's unlikely that I will ever go fishing and catch my own trout so this is probably as good as it will get.

Don't you think it's fun cooking new things?  Luckily I have a super sweet spouse that will eat anything I cook.  He is more grateful for a homecooked meal than anyone I ever knew.  Thanks darlin!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It looks pretty good to me Ellen!
polcat24 said…
It was hmmmm hmmmm great! I don't know why I don't weigh 250 lbs.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!