It's about that time...

So what did you do this past weekend?

I didn't do a darn thing that involved going outside of the house.  I did the usual weekend thing...caught up on my homework, cleaned the house, did the laundry.

The one fun thing I did was to start thinking about my garden.  My goal is to get it planted around May 7th.  For my birthday this year Mary gave me some pods and seeds so I could grow my own seedlings.  It's about three weeks until I want to plant outside so I figured it was time to get things started (Hmmm, maybe I should have started a couple weeks ago.)

I started by adding 10 1/2 cups of warm water to my pods.



Then I waited for them to absorb the water and grow to about 1 1/2 inches high.










Then it was time to add the seeds.  Now if this process works I'm going to have way more plants than I can use so I'll be looking for people to share them with.

I'm hoping to give the seeds a headstart so I can harvest veggies earlier in the summer.

For now I'm just going with a couple varieties of squash, cucumbers, lettuce, and a few pumpkin plants.

I put them by the window, but out of direct sunlight.  Now I just sit and wait.

A guy I work with says they won't survive once I transplant them outside.  He says our cool nights will be too much of a shock for them.

I'm determined to prove him wrong.  However, if they don't survive I still have enough seeds left to plant again.

Irv is going to tap into our sprinkler system and set up automatic drip lines for my garden this year.  I am expecting great things from my veggie patch this year.

If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.  Will starting my own seeds in these pods work or not?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!