Who's missing from this photo?
| Jillian, Jonathan, Tiffy, and Brian |
Miss Ashley (or should I say Mrs. Ashley) recently had a baby and couldn't come to the wedding.
These are some good kids (and coach Jonathan). Miss Tiffy is going to be one of my judges for the state horse bowl contest in Ft. Collins on Thursday. Jillian coaches the county livestock bowl team so she'll be there on Thursday also. Not only were the kids close knit, so were the parents. They were all there to watch my baby get married. So odd seeing them all grown up.
I chaperoned a lot of trips with these kids...some of the best times ever--Scottsdale, Ft. Worth, Wichita, Columbus, Albuquerque--year after year. One year Jillian, Tiffy, Ashley, and Rob (not pictured) went to Columbus, Ohio for the All American Quarter Horse Congress hippology contest. We all shared a suite at the Residence Inn. We woke up in the middle of the night one night to this strange noise. What could it be? I couldn't believe my eyes. It was about 3:00 in the morning and Rob was in the kitchen throwing ice cubes from the freezer into to sink--woke us all up. Very odd. It was the last time I took a male on a road trip without Jonathan there as a male chaperone. That was the funnest team ever--my first and hardest working national champion team. We had a lot of laughs on that trip.
Maybe it's time to start coaching again.
Comments