Veggie Patch Update
The garden is doing really good, at least for Colorado standards.
The tomato plants are getting fairly big and they have quite a few blooms.
The bell pepper and green beans are doing okay.
The zucchinis are probably doing the best of any of the seeds we planted. In this picture you can also see our cantaloupe and pumpkin plants plus Irv's corn. This corn isn't going to be "knee high by the fourth of July" like they say in Wisconsin, it's just slightly more than ankle high.
The radishes are getting pretty big; however, the carrots have hardly sprouted. I must have gotten some bad carrot seeds. How do you know when to pick the radishes anyway?
The lettuce is kind of punky. I'm told lettuce prefers cooler weather and we sure haven't been having cool weather. It was in the upper 90s today--that's crazy for June in Colorado.
The veggie patch has been a lot of fun, I can't wait to pick my first veggie from it. I spent my flex afternoon weeding and soaking the garden to keep it from shrinking in the hot sun.
Irv did a great job fencing it in so that these guys don't enjoy my veggies before I do. Aren't they cute?
The tomato plants are getting fairly big and they have quite a few blooms.
The bell pepper and green beans are doing okay.
The zucchinis are probably doing the best of any of the seeds we planted. In this picture you can also see our cantaloupe and pumpkin plants plus Irv's corn. This corn isn't going to be "knee high by the fourth of July" like they say in Wisconsin, it's just slightly more than ankle high.
The radishes are getting pretty big; however, the carrots have hardly sprouted. I must have gotten some bad carrot seeds. How do you know when to pick the radishes anyway?
The lettuce is kind of punky. I'm told lettuce prefers cooler weather and we sure haven't been having cool weather. It was in the upper 90s today--that's crazy for June in Colorado.
The veggie patch has been a lot of fun, I can't wait to pick my first veggie from it. I spent my flex afternoon weeding and soaking the garden to keep it from shrinking in the hot sun.
Irv did a great job fencing it in so that these guys don't enjoy my veggies before I do. Aren't they cute?
Comments