Game 1--Burn vs. the Purple team
Mr. Beans had his first soccer game of the season last night. His team name is "Burn". Don't ask me why, they've had that name for about three years now. He started off as goalie.
Here's an action shot of him kicking the ball out of the goalie box. By the way, please forgive me if I use incorrect soccer terminology. I know absolutely nothing about soccer other than the goal is to kick the ball into the opponent's net.
This is Mr. Beans' biggest fan enjoying a nice warm spring day in Colorado.
This is my creative shot of the game...I call it 2 foot x 2 foot.
Mr. Beans' team has eight players. Do you know what that means? Every kid plays every minute of the game. No relief.
Mr. Beans is one fast little dude. There's a lot of running involved in soccer especially now that he's older and they use a bigger field. Down and up, down and up...
At the end of the second half he was kind of exhausted.
Okay, maybe he was really exhausted.
The score at the end of the game was 1-1. A tie. Does this mean we have to go into over time? (Afterall, it is cold and windy out here.) No, not in youth soccer. It just ends as a tie.
Good game Mr. Beans!! Sorry I'll miss next week--I'm going back to Wichita which is really good because I need 22 more flight segments to keep my premier status for 2012. (It's all about the miles and free upgrades, I wouldn't want my dear husband to have to sit in economy when he travels with me.)
Here's an action shot of him kicking the ball out of the goalie box. By the way, please forgive me if I use incorrect soccer terminology. I know absolutely nothing about soccer other than the goal is to kick the ball into the opponent's net.
This is Mr. Beans' biggest fan enjoying a nice warm spring day in Colorado.
This is my creative shot of the game...I call it 2 foot x 2 foot.
Mr. Beans' team has eight players. Do you know what that means? Every kid plays every minute of the game. No relief.
Mr. Beans is one fast little dude. There's a lot of running involved in soccer especially now that he's older and they use a bigger field. Down and up, down and up...
At the end of the second half he was kind of exhausted.
Okay, maybe he was really exhausted.
The score at the end of the game was 1-1. A tie. Does this mean we have to go into over time? (Afterall, it is cold and windy out here.) No, not in youth soccer. It just ends as a tie.
Good game Mr. Beans!! Sorry I'll miss next week--I'm going back to Wichita which is really good because I need 22 more flight segments to keep my premier status for 2012. (It's all about the miles and free upgrades, I wouldn't want my dear husband to have to sit in economy when he travels with me.)
Comments