Amarillo by Morning

Irv and I spent the night in Denver with the King and Queen -- George Strait and Reba!!  They are two of my favorite country singers so having the two of them together was a dream concert.  Lee Ann Womack started the evening, Reba then came out for a little over two hours, then George came out for another couple hours.  The concert started at 7:00 and finished at 11:45.  We definitely received a great show and I could have listened to them all night.

Reba is a little spitfire.  Such a big voice packaged in such a petite body.  For me, she was the highlight of the concert.  Such personality and energy.

We had fairly good seats--first level of the Pepsi Center and right above the tunnel where they entered the arena.







George came out with his Ace in the Hole Band.  It was the first time I realized that they're all getting kind of old.  (It's a good thing that I'm not aging at the same rate they are :)

George was fantastic and sang all of his old hits plus some new stuff for nearly two hours.

Friday night was red shirt night.  George does this to honor our men and women in uniform.





Of course he played Amarillo by Morning, my first and all time favorite George Strait song.

After the concert our friends offered to give us a ride to our hotel, but we decided to walk.  We had left our car at the hotel and rode the 16th Street Mall bus as far as we could and then walked the rest of the way to the Pepsi Center.  It was such a beautiful evening that we thought we'd do the same thing on the way back to the hotel, plus we thought we'd find some frozen yogurt on the way.  Bad news...only one bus came along and it was packed so we hoofed it back to the hotel.  That wouldn't have been so bad except that we were both wearing our Western boots which aren't very comfortable for long walks.  We found everything is closed in downtown Denver after midnight except for the bars.  No frozen yogurt :(.

It was a very fun night with my favorite cowboy.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That sounds like a great concert. I'm not a George Strait fan but I would go to his concert in a heartbeat. I love Reba she has such personality.

Sorry about your long walk. Those boots were definitely not made for walking.

That pic of you and Irv may be the all time best. It's great.

I'm flying off to San Antonio today for a convention. Since one of our execs is doing and back today to give a speech and is taking the jet so I get to ride with him down there on the jet. I dont' have to go through security!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!