A big success
The surgery is over and all came out well. In fact, I would have to say it was miraculous. Just to tell you a little about the procedure...I arrived at the center and checked in. The nurse gave me 15 mg of Valium and a little while later they took me back to the holding room. The nurse asked me how I was feeling and I told her I felt completely normal so she gave me another Valium. Then she cleaned my eye area and marked my eyeballs with what looked like a magic marker. A few minutes later it was my turn! I went in the surgical room which was dark and filled with all kinds of people and machinery. I must have been feeling good by this time because I wasn't nervous or anything. The most annoying part was this thing they suction onto your eyeball while they're cutting the flap. Other than that it was a lot of watching the green light and listening to the zapping. I know I was feeling pretty good because I thought all the bright lights were really pretty. Irv got to watch the whole surgery through a window. I watched the video today and it's pretty gross so I probably won't post it.
They taped my eyes shut and sent me home. We had to make two stops, one to fill a prescription for Vicodin and the other to get a smoothie. My sweet husband took such good care of me because I had to keep my eyes taped shut until this morning. Other than the occassional hiding from me and then startling me when I walked by, he was fantastic. It gave me an all new appreciation for sight impaired people. By the way, thanks to all of you who called to check on me. I have a great group of family and friends! My Ipod and I spent the rest of the day together, you should especially enjoy this picture of me in my eye shields which are going to be with me for the next seven days. And if you're wondering, that smile on my face has nothing to do with the mixture of Valium and Vicodin that I was enjoying.
This morning I took the bandages off and it was amazing. I could see! Everything is so bright and vibrant. After 20 plus years of wearing contacts or glasses, I was able to see better than ever. I had a follow-up appointment early this morning and the doctor was surprised that my sight was already 20/20. It can take up to 3 months for your sight to be that good.
We celebrated by doing a little shopping and then taking Mr. Beans to see Rio. I now realize I should have taken it easy again today because my eyes are a little sore. I think I'll be going to bed early and maybe I'll have another of those Vicodin. In fact, I'll be taking it easy all weekend because I'm heading back for my final week in Wichita on Monday. Wahoo!! (My doctor gave me the okay to make this trip.)
I'll let you know more in a couple weeks, but as of today I am a huge fan of Lasik eye surgery. I should have done it years ago!
They taped my eyes shut and sent me home. We had to make two stops, one to fill a prescription for Vicodin and the other to get a smoothie. My sweet husband took such good care of me because I had to keep my eyes taped shut until this morning. Other than the occassional hiding from me and then startling me when I walked by, he was fantastic. It gave me an all new appreciation for sight impaired people. By the way, thanks to all of you who called to check on me. I have a great group of family and friends! My Ipod and I spent the rest of the day together, you should especially enjoy this picture of me in my eye shields which are going to be with me for the next seven days. And if you're wondering, that smile on my face has nothing to do with the mixture of Valium and Vicodin that I was enjoying.
This morning I took the bandages off and it was amazing. I could see! Everything is so bright and vibrant. After 20 plus years of wearing contacts or glasses, I was able to see better than ever. I had a follow-up appointment early this morning and the doctor was surprised that my sight was already 20/20. It can take up to 3 months for your sight to be that good.
We celebrated by doing a little shopping and then taking Mr. Beans to see Rio. I now realize I should have taken it easy again today because my eyes are a little sore. I think I'll be going to bed early and maybe I'll have another of those Vicodin. In fact, I'll be taking it easy all weekend because I'm heading back for my final week in Wichita on Monday. Wahoo!! (My doctor gave me the okay to make this trip.)
I'll let you know more in a couple weeks, but as of today I am a huge fan of Lasik eye surgery. I should have done it years ago!
Comments