On the road again
My sense of duty took over today so I decided I must go to Wichita tomorrow. After cooking pancakes and bacon for my favorite grandson, Mr. Beans, I loaded up the Rogue and headed to a hotel near the Denver airport. The drive wasn't so bad until I got into Denver, then the blowing snow and backsplash made it hard to see.
I arrived safe and sound with a whole day to myself. If it weren't snowing, I would have gone to the National Western Stock Show and watched a horse show or maybe a movie, or something fun. Instead, I prepared for my next class which officially starts tomorrow--FIN400 Analyzing Financial Statements. Woohoo! I had great fun reading the first chapter of this book.
I did take a break to get something to eat. I decided to go to a Wendys a couple miles down the road to get a cup of chili, but quickly changed my mind as I slid through the first intersection I came to. I turned around and went into a Village Inn that is across from the hotel. I'm 50 years old and this is the first time I have eaten alone at a regular (not fast food) restaurant. It wasn't so bad, mainly because there was a football game on the TV that I was interested in. There were only three or four people there and we were all alone.
Now I'm working on the second of two homework assignments that are due this week. This week is all about the Financial Standards Accounting Board. I'm really glad there are people out there who enjoy accounting, but I'm not one of them. It is so difficult staying awake and it's only week 1!!
Wish me luck as I travel to Wichita tomorrow. This snow storm should be in Wichita by the time I arrive there tomorrow. Have I mentioned how much I hate snow??
On a totally different subject, I just watched a news story about a woman in Boston who lost her pet boa on the Boston subway, Penelope is the boa's name. How the heck do you lose a boa on the subway? I think I'd rather be in the snow than on the Boston subway right now.
I arrived safe and sound with a whole day to myself. If it weren't snowing, I would have gone to the National Western Stock Show and watched a horse show or maybe a movie, or something fun. Instead, I prepared for my next class which officially starts tomorrow--FIN400 Analyzing Financial Statements. Woohoo! I had great fun reading the first chapter of this book.
I did take a break to get something to eat. I decided to go to a Wendys a couple miles down the road to get a cup of chili, but quickly changed my mind as I slid through the first intersection I came to. I turned around and went into a Village Inn that is across from the hotel. I'm 50 years old and this is the first time I have eaten alone at a regular (not fast food) restaurant. It wasn't so bad, mainly because there was a football game on the TV that I was interested in. There were only three or four people there and we were all alone.
Now I'm working on the second of two homework assignments that are due this week. This week is all about the Financial Standards Accounting Board. I'm really glad there are people out there who enjoy accounting, but I'm not one of them. It is so difficult staying awake and it's only week 1!!
Wish me luck as I travel to Wichita tomorrow. This snow storm should be in Wichita by the time I arrive there tomorrow. Have I mentioned how much I hate snow??
On a totally different subject, I just watched a news story about a woman in Boston who lost her pet boa on the Boston subway, Penelope is the boa's name. How the heck do you lose a boa on the subway? I think I'd rather be in the snow than on the Boston subway right now.
Comments
I used to eat by myself in full service restaurants all the time when I was single and travelled a lot. Didn't bother me a bit. I couldn't stand it now. I'd go to a fast food place also, unless I was sliding through intersections.