D-Day
I'm in Wichita again this week working on the NGS or Next Generation Solution. This project has been going on since December 2008 and the date for all the segments to come together is February 4th or D-Day. As I sit here less than three weeks before we're supposed to be done, I am highly doubtful that deadline will be met. Every morning they give us a a new compile that was supposed to have fixed all the bugs we found the day before. Yesterday we tested version 4.27. Version 4.27 was full of more bugs than I had seen in a long time, the day was pretty much wasted because we couldn't do much testing. Hopefully today will be better. Right now I wouldn't take any bets that the system will be ready by February 4th. I'm glad my association isn't going to be one of the pilots. Luckily, the pilot won't be released until May and there will be lots more testing done before then. I get to come back in March when the regression testing starts. That will be my last month in Wichita! It's been great to be involved in the project and I'm excited for the new product, but I'm also ready to be done.
Wichita is expecting a "wintry mix" today. I think that means ice followed by snow. My favorite! Then the storm is headed into Oklahoma where my brother and his family live. I know how much they enjoy a wintry mix also.
Have a good day!
Wichita is expecting a "wintry mix" today. I think that means ice followed by snow. My favorite! Then the storm is headed into Oklahoma where my brother and his family live. I know how much they enjoy a wintry mix also.
Have a good day!
Comments