Holiday Weekend

I had one goal this weekend and that was to watch the entire first season of Glee.  A friend at work said I would love this TV show and she was right!  Yesterday afternoon I put the first of four DVDs in and was addicted for about the next eight hours.  I finished the last two episodes this morning.  I can't wait for season 2 to come out on DVD on January 25th.  What a great way to watch a TV series--straight through with no commercials.






Now I need to go out to the barn and see what kind of a mess the horses made.  Yesterday I spent quite a while mucking stalls because of the horses had spent the last three nights locked in their stalls because of sub-zero temperatures.  I decided the two of them must have pooping contests when they're locked in the stalls.  I swear I hauled out 3 tons of manure. 

Today Irv went out to fill up their water buckets because the trough had three inches of solid ice on the top.  He apparently forgot to lock the stall doors because later he found the two horses roaming free inside the barn, not just their stalls.  They apparently had great fun helping themselves to unlimited hay and other treats.  The only reason we had any clue that any of this was going on was because Lucy, the goose, was roaming free outside the barn.  The horses not only helped themselves to whatever they wanted, they set Lucy free.  It must be an ugly sight inside the barn because Irv told me not to go out there and that he would clean it up when he got home.  I think I'll walk out to the barn with my new camera and take a shot of the chaos.

Here's what I found...


Ransacked hay room






Empty bag of horse treats










Empty goose feeder (who knew horses liked goose food?)   Notice the ax in the background which was just used to break the ice in the trough.  Luckily they didn't destroy the ax like they did Irv's tripod which he keeps in the barn to steady his rifle when he's shooting prairie dogs out the barn door.  Oh well.



Doc
Here's the two culprits...Doc and Jasper. 

They tried to tell me they weren't responsible for the mess.  It's a good thing I love them so much.

Happy New Year!






Jasper

Comments

Dana of Oz said…
I love Glee. I just finished Season 1 and I'll be starting Season 2 tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!