New Friends
Irv always encourages me to get out and go for a walk when the weather is nice. I'll admit it usually takes a little (or a lot) of prodding. I don't like the wind and when you live on the high plains of Colorado, there is always wind.
Little Maisy (in the background) is about four pounds overweight (I know it's rude to talk about a girl's weight). We've changed her food to a weight loss diet, we try to get out and walk her regularly, but nothing is working. If anyone out there has any suggestions for what we can do to help this little chunk lose weight, please let me know.
Two miniature donkeys live along our walking route. I've tried for years to be their friend, but they're very skittish. I don't think they have much human interaction.
Irv brought me a bag of horse treats today and guess what...it worked. I think they're going to be my best friends now. They even let me pet their faces, but really didn't like having their ears touched. They even galloped along behind us as we walked away. I hope the weather stays nice so we can continue growing our friendship. I wonder what their names are. I'm going to call them Itsy and Bitsy.
Of course I had to save a couple treats for my boys who were waiting out by the road when we got back home. Aren't they adorable for such old men?
Have a great day!
Comments