Disarray!

Eight months ago we decided to replace all the windows in our house.  Due to the global building craze we've been waiting eight months for the windows to be manufactured, delivered and installed.  Tomorrow is the big day--installation day!


Our house is in total disarray.  All the window coverings are down and furniture has been pushed into the middle of the room.  We live in the boondocks and the nearest neighbors are a quarter of a mile away so having no window coverings is not big deal.


There's stuff piled everywhere.  I want to replace some blinds during this whole process too.  I probably should have ordered those eight months ago too.  Also, since I'm a clean freak this might be the perfect opportunity to do some spring or rather fall cleaning in each room also.  Irv loves it when I get into the cleaning mode.

This is my dining room furniture, or more correctly this was my parent's dining room furniture that they had before I was born.  I believe they bought it second hand from someone else so it's definitely antique.  My dad had it appraised before he died and it came in over $5,000.  He was glad I kept it but now I'm all stressed out about what I'm going to do with it.  My kids won't want it which means I'll have to sell it, but how?  Oh well, I'll worry about that later.


Irv had to move his desk in the office away from the window so I suggested it might be a good time to go through some of his stuff.  After a little prodding he realized maybe it was time to trash some of those off computer games that came on CD twenty plus years ago.  Once he got in the rhythm he filled an entire garbage bag.  This is a really big feat for him.  Sorry Jillian, we no longer have that Simm's CD.

Installation begins in the morning.  I hope none of our critters escape during this process.  We'll see how these new energy efficient windows affect our heating bill which is doomed to get higher and higher since we use propane.  

I'll post an update after installation is complete.


Comments

polcat24 said…
So far it hasn't been as bad as i thought it would be. But i'm dreading having to put all those blinds back up. The new windows are bigger than the old ones so all the holders for the blinds have to be repositioned.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!