Slywatch Friday: Firehole River

One of my favorite places in Yellowstone is Firehole falls.  I haven't visited there yet this year, but on the drive back from Idaho Falls yesterday I stopped to take a couple shots of the Firehole River above the falls.

 
I've never been a fisherman, but this river has always made me want to try fly fishing.

 
The river is really high right now because the snow melt has started, but it's still very serene and peaceful.

 
The ravens are Yellowstone are huge.  This guy was begging, but I know better than to feed any of the wildlife in Yellowstone.  It puts their life in danger.

 
A little further down the road I stopped at Biscuit Basin and snapped a picture of this big guy (from across the road with a telephoto lens).

 
My final stop of the day was at Shoshone Point.  On a clear day you can see the Tetons, but today all I got was a glimpse of Shoshone Lake.
 

Comments

polcat24 said…
I've always wanted to try fly fishing also. We will have to do that one day.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That is one big ole bison there. The river is gorgeous
Beautiful river, and it looks perfect for fly fishing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!