Skywatch Friday: Lone Star Geyser

Greetings from Yellowstone National Park!  I'm living and working in Yellowstone this summer.  Living the dream!


I got my first day off this week so a co-worker (and new friend) headed off to Lone Star Geyser.  It's a 6 mile in and out trek inbetween West Thumb and Old Faithful.

 
I'm not going to lie, the trip was a little creepy at times because we were on the trail mostly by ourselves.  We were both armed with bear spray and bear bells and we chatted the whole way which I'm sure scared the grizzlies away.  There were quite a few snow banks and downed trees to traverse.
 
 
The reward was worth it.  We got to see this gigantic geyser erupt for about 30 minutes.  By the time it went off there were only about 12 of us sitting around watching one of Yellowstone's jewels.
 


Comments

eileeninmd said…
Hello, Yellowstone is one of my favorite parks. Wonderful collection of photos! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!
Jo said…
Your first photo scene is idyllic! I have never heard of bear spray or bells. You were two brave ladies to hike through such a dangerous area on your own.
polcat24 said…
I'm jealous that I didn't get to go with you.
Great photos of a beautiful location! I don't get spooked by much, but walking in bear country would spook me a little. I think you're wise to take the precautions you do.
ExploreColorado said…
So beautiful! I haven't been there since I was a child. Need to make the trek north one of these days. It would be fun to see it again.
I have a special place in my heart for Yellowstone. I remember camping there several times with my family and fishing with my dad. They are such warm memories. - Margy
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Can you run faster than your friend sis? (just kidding)

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!