Living in Yellowstone

After five days of in processing and training we finally got a day and a half off.  Irv left this morning so I'm on my own now.

I thought I'd give y'all a tour of my living arrangements.

 
This is my parking place and the pile of snow in back of the truck.  It's getting smaller...maybe it will be gone by mid-June.
 
 
This is my "little house" and my front porch.  As you can see I have an electric meter.  In the employee RV lot we have full hook-ups.  I wouldn't have done this adventure without that luxury.
 
 
We brought the generator along just in case of power loss.  In the 6 days we've been here the power has already gone out several times, but it comes back on fairly quickly.
 
 
This is another view of my "front porch".  I've got my bird bath, my spinning trailer and of course...
 
 
...my fairy garden.  I've got solar lights wrapped around the garden as well as on a dead tree stump that is in my front yard.  The only problem is that it doesn't get dark until 10:00 so I haven't really had a chance to see them.  I've heard that the northern lights are over Yellowstone right now so maybe I'll try to stay up until midnight to go see them.  The helipad for emergencies is about 100 yeards from my site and it would make a great viewing area.

 
My bike is chained up to the back ladder.  Since I've seen two bears in the last three days it may be awhile before I go on a ride.  With so few guests in the park right now I don't feel it's safe to go on a bike ride by myself.  I'll wait a couple more weeks until more tourists arrive.
 
 
Here's the front view of my site.  The fabulous sign was a gift from Jillian and Brian, I've had so many comments on it already.

 
This is one of the side views.  I was lucky to get trees, not everyone was so fortunate.  I couldn't be happier with my site.  My neighbor, Ellen, is on the other side of these trees.  She's another woman who is staying here this summer without her husband.  She's from Louisiana.  My other co-workers are from Florida, Wisconsin, New York, New Hampshire, Washington, Michigan, South Carolina and Nevada.
 
 
Everything is set up on the inside.  When you live in a small space everything has to be in it's spot unless it's being used. 
 
 
On my afternoon off I headed over to the dorms to do a couple loads of laundry and use the wireless.  Yes, this beautiful building is the employee dorm at Grant Village.  It's as nice on the inside as it is on the outside.

 
Employees get free use of the laundry facilities.  I had no problem getting a couple washers, but now I'm waiting for the youngsters to come get their stuff out of the dryers.
 
 
Upstairs there's a little gym, library, and a couple computers for the employees to use.

 
Downstairs there's a rec room and employee recreation office.  They have movie nights sometimes.
 
If you're wondering about Sophie, the camper cat, she's doing great and is loving it.
 
 
She hides underneath the sofa when something scares her, but she loves all the windows and watching the squirrels and birds outside.  When I get up in the morning she is very insistent that I open the shades so she can see out the windows.  I know she's going to be great company this summer!
 
So that's where I'm living. 

Comments

polcat24 said…
I miss it already. :(
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Love the sign, great touch.
I love that Sophie is having a good time.
I also love your front yard.
Be sure to be careful Sis!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!