Day 13 - A Day with Ursula

I was excited for day 13 to arrive because I was going to see my old friend, Ursula.   We loaded into the rental car and headed to Schnelldorf.

 
I'm always happy when I see wildlife bridges and the autobahn we were on had several of them.  And yes, that is snow.  Snow seems to follow us everywhere this spring.

 
Ursula and I worked together at the Dolan Barracks bank.  I hadn't seen her in 25 years, but we recently reconnected on Facebook.
 
 
We spent the day chatting and remembering old times.  Ursula made us some homemade schnitzel and this delicious cake. 
 
Last year Ursula's husband died, but she seems to be doing great.  He had COPD for years and she was his caretaker.  Her husband had a small hardware store in a building behind their house.  Ursula learned about all those tools, nails, screws, etc. and she continues to run the store herself.  Very impressive.
 
There are some people in the world that you can be away from for 25 years, but it's like you were never apart.  It was a wonderful afternoon with a special lady.

Comments

Jo said…
It's always great to reconnect with old friends. Ursula sounds and looks like a very capable lady.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Great that you were able to reconnect. Facebook is great in that respect. There are gaps in that respect though.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!