My dirty boys

I got to spend some time in the barn with my boys this weekend. 

After all the snow, ice, mud, and cold we've had the last few weeks they were looking pretty sad.  You see, they like to roll in the mud and sleep in the muck pile (because it generates heat).  Yucky, I know.






I went out to the barn Friday night all prepared to give them a good grooming.  The only problem was that they assumed a grooming meant I wanted to ride them.

Really boys?  It's freezing cold and dark outside and you think I'm grooming you because I want to go for a ride?


I think they're becoming feral.  Doc looks a bit like a donkey in this shot.


I went into one stall and they joined up together in the other stall.  Two against one...maybe I won't mess with them if they stick together.


Oh well, at least their stalls got a good mucking out.  At least until the next day...do you know how much a horse poops each day?  About 50 pounds!  50 pounds x 2 horses is 100 pounds of poop per day. I'll be glad when winter is done because then they won't be hanging out in the barn every day.

The horses are 18 years old this year.  We probably have another 10-15 years with them.  Do you think I'll be able to muck 100 pounds of poop a day when I'm 70 years old?  

I guess I'm going to have to keep up my daily trips to the gym and my 5Ks for many more years which is okay because I have no intention of sitting around getting fat and dormant during my "golden" years.  Perhaps they should be called the "poopy" years.

Oh well...it's okay because I love my critters!


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That's a lot of poop Sis. Doesn't Irv love them also??

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!