Bringing a taste of Oklahoma home with me

My three weeks on the road has come to an end!  Woohoo!!

I'm so glad to be able to unpack my suitcase and put it away for a few weeks.

Of course this means that I can no longer make my once or twice weekly trip to Braum's for the world's best hamburger followed by a Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk shake or cone.

You see when you're not able to eat ice cream, you really appreciate a company that make a wide variety of really good frozen yogurt.

No worries though.  I made a final stop at the Braum's in Salina, Kansas on my way home yesterday and they were kind enough to package up six tubs of my favorite frozen yogurt in a Braum's cooler and pack it with ice for me.  (Apparently I'm not the first person with this kind of request.) 

How is that for superior customer service?


If you're not familiar with Braum's let me tell you a little bit about them.  Braum's operates its own 10K acre farm near Oklahoma City.  They have their own dairy cow herd and milking operation, bakery, processing plant, and warehouse distribution warehouse.  They ship their products to their stores every two days.  These stores must be located within driving distance of the barn because their products are all fresh, not frozen (except for the ice cream and yogurt).  That's why you don't see them outside of Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, and Missouri.  Their products are unbelievable!  A couple years ago I had a conversation with a district manager that I encountered at a Braum's in Wichita (imagine that).  I tried to tell him that I work for an organization that provides agricultural loans and I'd be glad to connect him with a loan officer to get the financing to start a new farm in Colorado.  As of yet, I've not heard anything from him.

After six hours in the car, the yogurt made it home in fairly good condition.  A little melted around the edges, but for the most part it looked okay.  I learned something new about frozen yogurt--apparently it expands at higher altitudes as all the lids were all popped off.  I had to scrape out about an inch of yogurt in each tub to get the lids back on.


This should keep me happy for six four..okay maybe two weeks.

Thank you Braum's!

Comments

polcat24 said…
I wonder if she got any of my favorite flavor?
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Braums is something else. When I was still handling Kansas business we would have to stop at the Braums in Blackwell, OK on the way up. Sometimes if we had a rough day we'd catch it on the way back also.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!