A great week ahead

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming week.

1.  It's my last week in Wichita.
2.  I get to go to Tulsa to spend some time with my brother, Yogi, and his family,
3.  Arabian Nationals!
4.  I get to spend some time with my youngest daughter which is a rare thing these days.
5.  Tulsa Run 5K!


Believe it or not, I have actually been doing some training for the Tulsa Run 5K while in Wichita this past week.  I vowed to walk at least 5 miles per day.  The weather was beautiful in Wichita so I was able to get most of my walking done outside, although my shoes did become familiar with the hotel fitness room treadmill also.

I put a little effort into finding the perfect walking spot in Wichita and found the greenway that runs alongside the Arkansas River.  It was so peaceful and relaxing even though it was right downtown.

I did a 3-mile loop on the trail, but it seems to go on a lot further.  I bet you could easily do 6 or more miles if you wanted to.

The only problem was that there was a Braum's about a block away from where I parked so I always felt the need to "reward" myself.  Needless to say...I'm back on my diet now although I will undoubtedly visit Braum's at least once more next week.  Love that Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk yogurt!


This is the Farm Credit Bank building where I spend all my time while in Wichita.












To keep up with my training this weekend I dragged Irv on a 4.5 mile hike to the Crags.  It was amazing as expected.













My goal was 70K steps for the week and I am glad to report that I surpassed that expectation.

18K steps today alone and a 7 day total of 78,111 steps.

Woohoo!

(I keep wondering if Brian, Alan, and Adam haven't synced their Fitbits this week.)

Can I do it again this week?  Doubtful since I'll be spending at least two days stuck in a vehicle and two more days sitting at a conference and two more days sitting in an arena watching an incredible horse show.  Goal this week:  make it through the 5K and don't be the very last person!









Comments

polcat24 said…
Really enjoyed the hike to the Crags, it beautiful up there. And of course the company with great.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It was a fun weekend but too danged short. It was great having you at the Tulsa Run and the horse show was fabulous.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!