Smokin' Hot

How 'bout those Broncos?

In honor of those smokin' hot Broncos, I got out my new electric smoker that Irv gave me for Christmas.  You may recall that I bought myself a charcoal smoker last year, but after two tries I had to retire it.  Way too much work with very unsuccessful results.


I couldn't decide what kind of meat to smoke so I decided to try a variety.


I soaked some country style pork ribs in a brine solution for several hours before applying the rub.

A brisket is a must have for any smoking experiment.  I must say that I love the built in temperature probe that let me monitor the temperature of the meat from inside the house while watching the big game.




I had to include some chicken for those of us who are watching what we eat.











I must say that it turned out quite well for a first try although I apparently thought I was cooking for an army.  Oh well, the kids all got to take some home and we have leftovers for a day or two.













I'm a big fan of the electric smoker now.  I have a charcoal smoker free for anyone who wants it.  Really.



By the way, if there's anyone out there who wants to buy me a ticket to Super Bowl I'd be very grateful.  I'll even trade you a charcoal smoker for a ticket.

GO BRONCOS!


 






 
 
 


Comments

polcat24 said…
She's not lying. She did a great job, it was delicous!!!!!!!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The electric smokers are the way to go. I love mine.
Sweetie said…
Everything looks so yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!