2014--In with a bang!
These have been quite the first ten days of 2014.
I woke up on News Years Day with a little "tickle" in the back of the throat, fever, congestion, cough, body aches, headache, etc.
Yes, the typical symptoms of the flu.
By Saturday I needed to see a doctor--my throat felt like I was swallowing crushed glass. I was sure I had strep throat, but no, just the flu which they can't do anything about. The doctor did give me some cough syrup with codeine to help me sleep.
Six days in bed, 3 days out of work. This was definitely the sickest I have been in a long time. I'm finally starting to feel human again.
In the midst of all this I had to go to the zoo for my final volunteer orientation. My first day is this Sunday. Yes, the same day as the Broncos playoff game. Would it be wrong to call in sick on my first day?
We're going to record the game and I made Irv promise that he wouldn't watch it, listen to the news, or look at anything on the Internet that might give away who wins the game until I get home from "work".
Yes, it seems a little like work because I have to report at 8:30 a.m. and I won't be done until 5:00.
What was I thinking? Isn't a full-time job enough? I have to spend the entire day outside with the ponies then the grizzlies, wolves, moose, and river otters. I'm trying to figure out what to wear. They said to dress warm with lots of layers because it gets cold especially in the afternoon. A chance of snow on Sunday has also been mentioned.
I'm looking forward to preparing dinner for these critters especially the grizzlies. How much do you think a grizzly bear eats in a day? Hopefully I'll be able to let you know on Monday. I did have to sign a social media policy that limits what I can blog about--basically only the good stuff which is okay because I'm pretty sure it's all good stuff.
So, back to the big game. Diesel is ready as you can see. I wonder if his parents know that he likes to dress in Broncos gear while he's at our house. (Shh...we'll just keep that our little secret since his parents are Packers fans.)
What else is going on this week? The 2014 4-H Western National Roundup in Denver. I was asked to come up and help with the horse judging contest which was a big honor. County, state, and now national. One of my co-workers was trying to teach me how to say "no" when I'm asked to do these things. I just couldn't get "no" to come out of my mouth though. My parents instilled in me the need to volunteer and help your community. All these things I volunteer for now are going to keep me busy in my retirement. Be involved! Rest and relaxation are way overrated!
My sweet hubby is coming to Denver to be my assistant. I hope he understands what a perfectionist I am. A national level contest has to be done professionally--these kids have prepared for years for this opportunity and I'm there to make sure they have the best experience possible.
How's your 2014 going so far?
I woke up on News Years Day with a little "tickle" in the back of the throat, fever, congestion, cough, body aches, headache, etc.
Yes, the typical symptoms of the flu.
By Saturday I needed to see a doctor--my throat felt like I was swallowing crushed glass. I was sure I had strep throat, but no, just the flu which they can't do anything about. The doctor did give me some cough syrup with codeine to help me sleep.
Six days in bed, 3 days out of work. This was definitely the sickest I have been in a long time. I'm finally starting to feel human again.
In the midst of all this I had to go to the zoo for my final volunteer orientation. My first day is this Sunday. Yes, the same day as the Broncos playoff game. Would it be wrong to call in sick on my first day?
We're going to record the game and I made Irv promise that he wouldn't watch it, listen to the news, or look at anything on the Internet that might give away who wins the game until I get home from "work".
Yes, it seems a little like work because I have to report at 8:30 a.m. and I won't be done until 5:00.
What was I thinking? Isn't a full-time job enough? I have to spend the entire day outside with the ponies then the grizzlies, wolves, moose, and river otters. I'm trying to figure out what to wear. They said to dress warm with lots of layers because it gets cold especially in the afternoon. A chance of snow on Sunday has also been mentioned.
I'm looking forward to preparing dinner for these critters especially the grizzlies. How much do you think a grizzly bear eats in a day? Hopefully I'll be able to let you know on Monday. I did have to sign a social media policy that limits what I can blog about--basically only the good stuff which is okay because I'm pretty sure it's all good stuff.
What else is going on this week? The 2014 4-H Western National Roundup in Denver. I was asked to come up and help with the horse judging contest which was a big honor. County, state, and now national. One of my co-workers was trying to teach me how to say "no" when I'm asked to do these things. I just couldn't get "no" to come out of my mouth though. My parents instilled in me the need to volunteer and help your community. All these things I volunteer for now are going to keep me busy in my retirement. Be involved! Rest and relaxation are way overrated!
My sweet hubby is coming to Denver to be my assistant. I hope he understands what a perfectionist I am. A national level contest has to be done professionally--these kids have prepared for years for this opportunity and I'm there to make sure they have the best experience possible.
How's your 2014 going so far?
Comments
I don't have to worry about the Cowboys blowing leads the rest of the season.