Turkey Day!
Wow! Did we ever have a great Thanksgiving this year!
Jillian and Brian hosted it at their house their year and was that ever a nice treat for me. I contributed several side dishes, but it was nice just to sit back, relax, and let the "young uns" take care of things for a change.
Jillian did an excellent job on her first ever turkey. I think she will now be called "Jillia" Child.
The bird weighed 24 lbs. It was very yummy! I love turkey!
The most important thing I had to make was the pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is Mr. Bean's favorite thing about Thanksgiving so of course I had to make my favorite grandson happy.
There was lots of visiting, football watching, and drinking. Dana and Adam brought their friend, Lee, from Australia. I think he enjoyed himself.
We had quite the spread of food. I think we all ate enough for two or three people.
Dana still isn't able to just smile for a picture. There always has to be some kind of face. At least this time her tongue isn't hanging out.
We played a game where everyone had a picture stuck on their back. We had to ask questions and get hints about who we were. It was a lot of fun! I was Marmaduke.
There were lots of smiles and laughing as the day got later. Probably because of the abundance of adult beverages.
No Thanksgiving would be complete with game night. Jillian always like to play Cranium. I'm glad to report that the girls won although I will admit that it's due to the boys consuming too many of those adult beverages and not being able to complete the game.
It was an early night for me because I had to get up and go to work on Black Friday. No shopping for me this year. I didn't even look at the sale ads because I knew they would make me sad about what I was missing. Oh well.
I love Thanksgiving and I love that we can all get together and have such a fun-filled time, but most of all I love my family!
Jillian and Brian hosted it at their house their year and was that ever a nice treat for me. I contributed several side dishes, but it was nice just to sit back, relax, and let the "young uns" take care of things for a change.
Jillian did an excellent job on her first ever turkey. I think she will now be called "Jillia" Child.
The bird weighed 24 lbs. It was very yummy! I love turkey!
The most important thing I had to make was the pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is Mr. Bean's favorite thing about Thanksgiving so of course I had to make my favorite grandson happy.
There was lots of visiting, football watching, and drinking. Dana and Adam brought their friend, Lee, from Australia. I think he enjoyed himself.
Our nephew, Ryan, came down from Golden for the day. He's the really smart one who goes to the School of Mines. He's an awesome guy and I'm amazed at his ability to fit right in and make conversation with anyone.
Mr. Beans and his mom were there. Don't you love her new hair style. I have such beautiful daughters!
We had quite the spread of food. I think we all ate enough for two or three people.
Dana still isn't able to just smile for a picture. There always has to be some kind of face. At least this time her tongue isn't hanging out.
We played a game where everyone had a picture stuck on their back. We had to ask questions and get hints about who we were. It was a lot of fun! I was Marmaduke.
Mr. Beans wasn't too happy that his celebrity was Barbie.
There were lots of smiles and laughing as the day got later. Probably because of the abundance of adult beverages.
Brian's mom and dad were there also along with a couple of Brian's army buddies. I'm so glad they're home!
No Thanksgiving would be complete with game night. Jillian always like to play Cranium. I'm glad to report that the girls won although I will admit that it's due to the boys consuming too many of those adult beverages and not being able to complete the game.
I love Thanksgiving and I love that we can all get together and have such a fun-filled time, but most of all I love my family!
Comments