Speechless
Saturday night Irv and I took our favorite grandson, Mr. Beans, to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. We weren't going to go this year, but at the last minute Mr. Beans said he'd like to go. Well, when your grandson actually asks to spend an evening with you, you jump into action.
I'm a TSO fan club member which means I get invitations to buy tickets early before they go on sale to the general public. This year we passed on that opportunity so I had to send Irv down to the World Arena to get the best tickets that were still available when Mr. Beans said he'd like to go at the last minute.
Our journey with TSO began about 15 years ago when they were just a small group trying to get things going. We have watched their rise from a simple show to a gigantic show with fireworks, flames, lasers, and a light show that is bigger and brighter than anything I've ever seen. We haven't gone to see them every single year since they started 15 years ago, but we've probably been at least 10 times.
I have nothing more to say except that the show left me speechless.
Pictures and videos cannot do justice to the magnitude of this show, but here's a few to give you the general idea.
The lights and lasers are in time with the music. I can't quite figure out how they do that, but it's impressive!
This is Angus Clark, one of the lead guitarists. He has beautiful long, blond hair. Jillian has been in love with him since her youth (hopefully Brian knows that). He seems to always be the one who has to get on all the things that rise from the stage or the floor.
I'm a TSO fan club member which means I get invitations to buy tickets early before they go on sale to the general public. This year we passed on that opportunity so I had to send Irv down to the World Arena to get the best tickets that were still available when Mr. Beans said he'd like to go at the last minute.
Our journey with TSO began about 15 years ago when they were just a small group trying to get things going. We have watched their rise from a simple show to a gigantic show with fireworks, flames, lasers, and a light show that is bigger and brighter than anything I've ever seen. We haven't gone to see them every single year since they started 15 years ago, but we've probably been at least 10 times.
I have nothing more to say except that the show left me speechless.
Pictures and videos cannot do justice to the magnitude of this show, but here's a few to give you the general idea.
The lights and lasers are in time with the music. I can't quite figure out how they do that, but it's impressive!
This is Angus Clark, one of the lead guitarists. He has beautiful long, blond hair. Jillian has been in love with him since her youth (hopefully Brian knows that). He seems to always be the one who has to get on all the things that rise from the stage or the floor.
I did steal a video of one of my favorite songs of theirs, I believe it's called Christmas Eve in Sarajevo (it sounds a lot like Carol of the Bells). (I hope this isn't copyright infringement.)
All I can say is that it was a fantastic evening other than the woman who spewed beer all over Irv's and Mr. Bean's heads and then proceeded to laugh about it for 10 minutes before Irv finally turned around and told her she was rude. Mr. Beans was entirely grossed out about the whole incident.
Here's TSO's tour schedule for the rest of the year. You might still have the chance to go see a show in your area.
Now I'm ready for the holidays to begin!
Comments
Hanson used to perform for free at various festivals in Tulsa and then they got famous then they got kids and they seem pretty comfortable with their "almost famous" status now.