Tumblin' Tumbleweeds
Remember all that rain we got at the end of summer? Well, it was good at making things grow which was wonderful, but now it's winter and all that green stuff has died. The remains of all those weeds are tumblin' across the prairie.
I don't mean a few either.
We're talking thousands and thousands of tumbleweeds that show up when we have a good windstorm like today.
I don't mean a few either.
We're talking thousands and thousands of tumbleweeds that show up when we have a good windstorm like today.
Here's our fence line to the south.
Hopefully they will all blow north to Nebraska by tomorrow morning. If they don't, who's going to go out there and clean them up? That's a silly question...that's what husbands are for. (Love you sweetie!)
What happens if some idiot throws a cigarette butt out the car window?
When I was a kid my mom used to gather up a tumbleweed, spray paint it gold, and adorn it with Christmas bulbs. It was actually quite a beautiful decoration. I've heard that city folk from the east will actually pay for tumbleweeds. Perhaps we're sitting on a gold mine and don't even know it. Anyone want to help me market some tumbleweeds?
Happy Saturday!
Comments