A morning at the Philbrook

When I was in Tulsa last weekend I made a quick visit to the Philbrook Museum of Art.  The Philbrook was a gift to the city of Tulsa by oilman Waite Phillips.  It is an incredibly beautiful mansion that is filled with some magnificent works of art.

Here are a couple of my favorites.


This is a painting by Rosa Bonheur.  She was a French artist who was fantastic at painting animals.  The details in her paintings are amazing.  They are crisp and clear almost like a photograph, but better.  I was thrilled to find one of her pieces at the Philbrook.


Another great find was this painting by Vasily Kandinsky, another of my favorite artists.  Most of his work is very abstract so this painting is something quite unexpected from him.  I love it!


The museum also had a series of photographs of many old-time Hollywood stars like Gary Cooper, Jean Harlow, and Bette Davis.  They're all black and white and are exquisite.  They made me realize what an amateur I am when it comes to photography.

The artwork inside the Philbrook was fantastic, but what really took my breath away was the gardens. 

 
 
 
 

 
 
I have just one question...what will it take to make my garden look like this?  I loved it!  I could have spent hours just walking around the grounds taking pictures.  If it's this beautiful in October, I can't even imagine what it must look like during the summer with all the flowers in full bloom.
 
I really enjoyed my quick trip to Tulsa.  It seems like a beautiful city and I'm sure there is so much more to explore.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Great pics Sis. You know Irv would spend just four to six hours a day working on your gardens your property would look like Philbrook in no time. He just needs to step up.

Next time you come to town you can go to the Gilcrease Museum. Another one of our treasures.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Oh and thanks for the name and the link.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!