The start of a new week

Today was a really great day!

I booked our 2013 Grandson Mystery Trip for spring break.

Since it's a "mystery", all I can say is woohoo!  I can't wait!  Since Mr. Beans might decide to read this blog I can't reveal any hints other than this photo.


After work I started a 3-month boot camp.  The new gym at work is open and ready for business with a personal trainer.  A group of us signed up for a 3 session per week boot camp.  Friday we all start a diet that's going to require the absence of red meat for 24 days.  That might be kind of hard since we just purchased our beef for the year.

Tomorrow I may not be able to walk, but right now I'm feeling good about getting a great workout in for the first time in months.  The goal--all the way up the Manitou Springs Incline by the end of summer.


Christmas in February!  I got home from work and had a package waiting for me.  I finally found a pair of boots.

I am now the proud owner of a pair of turquoise and brown Anderson Beans. 

Love them, love them, love them!

Thanks darlin' for the wonderful Christmas gift.












The bad thing about today--it's one day closer to Brian's departure for the Middle East.  Makes me very sad to even think about it.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The mystery trip sounds intriguing. I"m sure we'll get a complete report when appropriate.

Good for you on the boot camp. Doubly proud of you since you are in so much pain.

Love your boots.

Brian and Jillian are on the family prayer list.

Hey, time for you to start participating in a blog meme. You are a talented photographer and blogger and besides starting the Friday after this coming Friday I am the new host for Skywatch Friday and I'd be proud for you to link up a post that day. (Actually the linkup starts on Thursdays.)
Brenda Hammer said…
I think I "might"? know where the mystery picture is for your spring break trip and I want to go too!!!
Emily said…
OK, my Mom and I are obviously "this place" junkies, because right away, I too recognized where you're going! FUN! We're already panning our next trip next fall!
Emily said…
PS Love the boots and love ABs!
Ellen said…
Alan, I'd love to join Skywatch Friday especially since the Rockies provide us with some beautiful shots. Thanks!
Ellen said…
Emily, I love my fellow WDW lovers. Only they would know where we're going. I'm can't wait!
Ellen said…
Brenda, I love knowing other women my age who love WDW as much as I do. You don't have to be a kid to love the place.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!