On the ice

There is one, and only one, good thing about Brian being gone...Jillian invites us to the CC hockey games to use Brian's season ticket.

Last night we watched CC lose to St. Cloud.

I know nothing about hockey, I've been to less than a handful of games my entire life.  Last night I did learn the difference between icing and offsides, but it's doubtful I'll remember the next time I go to a game.

I have yet to see a fight, although it came close to one last night.




At the end of the game they all shake hands just like the kids do after games, the only difference is that the parents don't get together and form a tunnel for them to run through.









Then the team forms a circle in the middle of the ice and raise their sticks. (Are they called sticks?)










Lastly, the team brought out their homemade fan appreciation signs.  Do you think they made these signs themselves, or did their girlfriends make them?  I bet the guys loved this activity.








I was so inspired that I had to watch Miracle this morning.  I vividly remember the 1980 USA win over Russia.  It was awe inspiring then and the movie brings back those memories. 

I think I have a lot to learn about hockey.

Have a happy Sunday!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The difference between offsides and icing never stuck for me either.
ODMoose said…
Icing was created so that a team couldn't keep sending it down to the other side of the ice to kill time if they were winning. A rule implemented to make the action better. Offsides is when a player passes the blue line into the offensive zone before the puck. Both rules just keep hockey a bit more fair :)

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!