The flowers of Maui

When we got home from Hawaii I was kind of disappointed in the quantity of photos I took while we were there.  My best pictures weren't of people, but of flowers and trees.  I think because we live in such an arid place, I'm always amazed by things that grow in places that actually receive rain.

On one of our days in Hawaii Irv, Jillian, and I ventured out to a winery that makes wine with pineapple.  After visiting the winery we stopped at a lavender farm (Irv was thrilled).  I love lavender and I was really excited to see fields and fields of lavender. 

Disappointment!  Apparently lavender isn't in season right now. 





The disappointment didn't last for long though because the farm had a very nice botanical garden with all kinds of flowers.  My camera and I had a great time.  Here are some of my favorites.





















 

Of all the pictures I took, the one below is my favorite.  In fact, I just entered it in the annual photopalooza contest that one of our vendors hosts.  The aperture on this picture turned out great.  There are many levels of texture which makes the photo kind of interesting (to me anyway).

Comments

Irv said…
Yes, The botanical garden did make it a little more palatable.
Brenda Hammer said…
Beautiful pictures, Ellen!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Nice pics, the one you like, I like also. I really like the one just above it.
Anonymous said…
Peyton Manning Elite Jersey axiotakix
Doug Martin Jersey axiotakix
Frank Gore Jersey axiotakix
http://www.nikecardinalsnflstore.com

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!