Ready for a new week
This has been quite the week. My jet lag continued through most of the week, but thank goodness, I finally have started sleeping at night again.
After getting back from Hawaii, our refrigerator decided to quit. Since we've had it repaired twice in the last eight years, we decided it was time for a new one. Irv's negotitating skills came in real handy because he got me a new stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator for only $720. The only probably now is that the dishwasher and range don't match.
Our dog, Cody, had to be rushed to the ER on Thursday night after a fall that Irv and I thought broke his spine. Upon running out of our house at full speed in pursuit of a rabbit something caused him to fall and his hindlegs to stop working. It was very scary. Although neither of us said anything, we were both thinking we were going to have to put him down that night. After numerous x-rays, the vet determined nothing was broken and that Cody probably pinched a nerve or slipped a disk in his spine. He's on many drugs right now and is very sore, but he's getting around okay. The funny thing is that he and I are both on the same medication for pain--but he gets twice the dose that I do. I don't know if he's going to get better or not. I always said that I would never keep an animal around for my benefit if it was in chronic pain. I guess we'll see how he's doing in a week or so. He can still wag his tail and smile at me so I think he's feeling okay.
So, what else could possibly go wrong this week? I just went to pull the SD card out of my camera to add pictures to this blog post only to find that the card is broken. Hopefully I pulled all the Hawaii pictures off already, but I don't remember for sure. I tried to put my backup SD card in and it won't work either. Great, where the heck do you take a camera for repairs? Anyway, phone pictures will have to do for this blog. I get kind of panicky thinking that I will be without my camera for a while.
On a positive note, this is a three day weekend for those of us who work in the financial industry. Happy Veterans Day to all the military men in my life--Irv, Brian, Dad, and Irv's Dad. Thank you for your service!
It's supposed to get down to 10 degrees tonight. We've had the fireplace going all day so the house is warm and toasty. Since Irv is working tonight, I now have to go out in the freezing cold to feed the critters. In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I hate the cold. Wish me luck.
After getting back from Hawaii, our refrigerator decided to quit. Since we've had it repaired twice in the last eight years, we decided it was time for a new one. Irv's negotitating skills came in real handy because he got me a new stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator for only $720. The only probably now is that the dishwasher and range don't match.
Our dog, Cody, had to be rushed to the ER on Thursday night after a fall that Irv and I thought broke his spine. Upon running out of our house at full speed in pursuit of a rabbit something caused him to fall and his hindlegs to stop working. It was very scary. Although neither of us said anything, we were both thinking we were going to have to put him down that night. After numerous x-rays, the vet determined nothing was broken and that Cody probably pinched a nerve or slipped a disk in his spine. He's on many drugs right now and is very sore, but he's getting around okay. The funny thing is that he and I are both on the same medication for pain--but he gets twice the dose that I do. I don't know if he's going to get better or not. I always said that I would never keep an animal around for my benefit if it was in chronic pain. I guess we'll see how he's doing in a week or so. He can still wag his tail and smile at me so I think he's feeling okay.
So, what else could possibly go wrong this week? I just went to pull the SD card out of my camera to add pictures to this blog post only to find that the card is broken. Hopefully I pulled all the Hawaii pictures off already, but I don't remember for sure. I tried to put my backup SD card in and it won't work either. Great, where the heck do you take a camera for repairs? Anyway, phone pictures will have to do for this blog. I get kind of panicky thinking that I will be without my camera for a while.
On a positive note, this is a three day weekend for those of us who work in the financial industry. Happy Veterans Day to all the military men in my life--Irv, Brian, Dad, and Irv's Dad. Thank you for your service!
It's supposed to get down to 10 degrees tonight. We've had the fireplace going all day so the house is warm and toasty. Since Irv is working tonight, I now have to go out in the freezing cold to feed the critters. In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I hate the cold. Wish me luck.

Comments
Dang camera, what a nightmare!