A busy weekend

We had a really great fun-packed weekend.  It started Friday night at the last home game of the season for the Air Force Falcons.  Irv and I decided we would brave the cold and go to the game.  It was about 38 degrees at game time and the temperature continued to drop.  We only made it to half time before we thought going home sounded really good.

I have a friend at work whose niece is going to school to become a nail tech.  She is really needing people to practice on so I made an appointment for a mani and pedi on Saturday afternoon.  After 3 hours I was finally ready to leave.  Although it took a long time, I thought she did a really good job.  I especially like the little pearls she put on my ring finger and thumb to jazz it up a little bit.  I'm going back in two weeks to have my Christmas mani.








Mr. Beans came to spend Saturday night with us and we took him to a concert that has become a holiday tradition with us. 
Trans Siberian Orchestra was started in 1996 and we started going to their holiday concert a few years after that.  When we first started seeing them, they weren't so well known.  Their concert at the World Arena was fairly small, they only used about half the seats.  We went to see them every year for several years, then a couple years ago we decided to take a break.  They went from being a small band with a simple show to a show that has over-the-top laser and light shows that sells out not only one, but two shows at the World Arena every year.  Well, this year we heard they had a whole new show so we decided to take Mr. Beans.  I loved it.  It's loud and an overload for the senses.  I think Mr. Beans enjoyed it too.
 
Here's a short clip of their last and my most favorite song, Christmas Eve in Sarajevo.  Here's a link to their tour schedule http://www.trans-siberian.com/tour1/index.php.  They have a grueling schedule with both an east coast and west coast touring group.  If they come to a city near you, I highly recommend you go see them.
This morning we made French toast for Mr. Beans and took him home before Irv and I went to see the new James Bond movie, Skyfall.  It was pretty good.  Afterwards we went to the grocery store to get the fixins for Thanksgiving.  This year I have to work the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm trying not to think about the Black Friday shopping that I'm going to miss.  That is another Christmas tradition with Jillian and I.  Not this year, although I hear some of the stores are opening on Thanksgiving this year.
 
So tomorrow it's back to work which I'm not looking forward to.  In our correspondent lending department, the two ladies who do the accounting work are going to be out of the office.  That means I get to take their place.  How is it that someone who works in IT is the backup for the backup in the accounting department?  I get stressed just thinking about the workload I'm going to have to complete by myself.  At my physical therapy appointment on Friday, Dr. S said he could tell my stress level was higher than usual which doesn't help my knotted up muscles at all.  Oh well, it's only one day.
 
Time to go do my stretches and go to bed.  Have a good week!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
You did have a busy week. I'm taking this week off. Getting set to go to the airport to get Gramps.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!