Jet Lag

We arrived home on Thursday morning after an all night flight from Maui to LA and then LA to Colorado Springs.  I have trouble sleeping in ideal situations so sleeping on an airplane is something that just isn't going to happen.  We've all been jet lagged since getting home, in fact today is the first day that I have felt good.

I started a new class last week--Principles of Financial Accounting.  I lugged my 10-pound book with me to Hawaii and actually got my first week's reading assignment done while sitting in the Maui aiport waiting for our plane that was delayed for two hours.  Mr. Beans and I were the only two who had to do actual work while on vacation.


I think I'm a little happier student than he is.  In fact he's just plan grumpy.  He turns into a mini monster when the school work comes out.  Some day he'll realize the value of education, but probably not when he is a "pre-teen".







So the day we left Maui we had a lot of time to kill.  We chose an activity that I never thought I would participate in--Zip Lining.  I told Mr. Beans that if he would do it, I would do it.  Boy, did I regret those words.  The course included 5 zip lines, the first 4 weren't too bad except for the landing.  Our guide, Jeff, saved my life more than once before I slammed into the tree at the end of the line.  My landings weren't graceful at all.

The last zip line was 750 feet, way up high, with a speed of 40 mph.  I tried really hard to find a way out of doing it, but Jeff somehow convinced me I would survive.  It was probably the most courageous thing I've ever done.  I still think I would have fallen out of that harness if I had let go of those straps and fell upside down.  All I could think of was "Jesus take the wheel".

Now that it's done, I can check it off my bucket list.

The rest of the family, except for Mary, seemed to enjoy being zipped through the forest with no control over anything.  Me, not so much.  I missed out on the adventure gene. 

However agonizing it was, it was fun spending time with the family and we all felt that something was missing--Jillian.  She had to fly home a couple days early so she missed out on the fun. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yep, the zipline was fun. I really thought Ellen was going to make a run for it when we got to the last one. She was pretty scared.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Good for you facing down your fears and doing it. I've only ziplined once and it was fun but I don't hink we were going anywhere near 40 mph.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!