Thanksgiving blahs
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow. I'm kind of feeling blah about the holidays this year.
Maybe it's because the weather is not very Thanksgiving-like. It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Thanksgiving. I still haven't switched out my summer clothes with my winter clothes. It's too warm to even think about wearing a sweater or a wool skirt. I'm not complaining about it not being cold, I love the blue skies and warmness, but we really need some moisture in the form of snow.
Maybe it's because I've been so busy at work lately. Not a spare moment, ever. This year for the first time we have to work the day after Thanksgiving. I'm kind of bummed about that.
Maybe it's because my fall decorations are still sitting in a box beside the dining room table. I had good intentions of decorating the house for fall, but it still hasn't happened. Maybe at this point I should just forget the fall decorations and go straight to Christmas.
Maybe it's because in a week and a half I'm heading to Albuquerque for a week of training. Now this is nice because Irv is coming along and we can visit his family while we're there. However, this is also stressing me out because Christmas shopping is a huge ordeal in this family and I haven't even started yet and a week away from home isn't going to help that stress level at all.
Maybe it's because Dana and Adam aren't going to be here for Thanksgiving. As a parent I know it's only natural for your kids to want to do their own thing, but that doesn't make me miss them any less.
Maybe it's because taking classes is wearing me out. If I'm not working, then I'm doing homework. I don't really know how to sit around and do nothing. Stressful, but you know what? I received an email from my advisor today that it's time to apply for graduation! April 28, 2013 will be the last day of my last class. I'm already planning my party.
Maybe it's because I'm still not feeling well. I have good days and bad days, but after 18 months of chronic pain, I'm a little worn out.
Tomorrow night I'm going to mix up the recipe Jillian sent me to brine the turkey. Maybe when I put that turkey in the oven on Thursday and start to smell that yummy aroma, I'll believe it's actually Thanksgiving.
Maybe I just need to remember everything God has graced me with in this life--Irv, three daughters that I love very much, two sons-in-law, Mr. Beans, a wonderful family. I'm a very blessed woman. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful life! I need to remember that Christmas is about the birth of Christ and not the amount of gifts under the tree.
I need a spark that willl get me out of these blahs so I can feel excited about the holidays again. Actually, I know just what I need--Cowboy Christmas! I know earlier this year I said Irv and I were foregoing our annual trek to Vegas in December for the NFR because of the two fantastic trips we took this year, but guess what--we're going! I just couldn't skip it plus Irv and I need a vacation that is just me and him without family.
So for now I'm looking forward to December 7th (17 days)! Cowboy Christmas makes anyone feel better, in fact, I'm feeling better already.
Maybe it's because the weather is not very Thanksgiving-like. It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Thanksgiving. I still haven't switched out my summer clothes with my winter clothes. It's too warm to even think about wearing a sweater or a wool skirt. I'm not complaining about it not being cold, I love the blue skies and warmness, but we really need some moisture in the form of snow.
Maybe it's because I've been so busy at work lately. Not a spare moment, ever. This year for the first time we have to work the day after Thanksgiving. I'm kind of bummed about that.
Maybe it's because my fall decorations are still sitting in a box beside the dining room table. I had good intentions of decorating the house for fall, but it still hasn't happened. Maybe at this point I should just forget the fall decorations and go straight to Christmas.
Maybe it's because in a week and a half I'm heading to Albuquerque for a week of training. Now this is nice because Irv is coming along and we can visit his family while we're there. However, this is also stressing me out because Christmas shopping is a huge ordeal in this family and I haven't even started yet and a week away from home isn't going to help that stress level at all.
Maybe it's because Dana and Adam aren't going to be here for Thanksgiving. As a parent I know it's only natural for your kids to want to do their own thing, but that doesn't make me miss them any less.
Maybe it's because taking classes is wearing me out. If I'm not working, then I'm doing homework. I don't really know how to sit around and do nothing. Stressful, but you know what? I received an email from my advisor today that it's time to apply for graduation! April 28, 2013 will be the last day of my last class. I'm already planning my party.
Maybe it's because I'm still not feeling well. I have good days and bad days, but after 18 months of chronic pain, I'm a little worn out.
Tomorrow night I'm going to mix up the recipe Jillian sent me to brine the turkey. Maybe when I put that turkey in the oven on Thursday and start to smell that yummy aroma, I'll believe it's actually Thanksgiving.
Maybe I just need to remember everything God has graced me with in this life--Irv, three daughters that I love very much, two sons-in-law, Mr. Beans, a wonderful family. I'm a very blessed woman. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful life! I need to remember that Christmas is about the birth of Christ and not the amount of gifts under the tree.
I need a spark that willl get me out of these blahs so I can feel excited about the holidays again. Actually, I know just what I need--Cowboy Christmas! I know earlier this year I said Irv and I were foregoing our annual trek to Vegas in December for the NFR because of the two fantastic trips we took this year, but guess what--we're going! I just couldn't skip it plus Irv and I need a vacation that is just me and him without family.
So for now I'm looking forward to December 7th (17 days)! Cowboy Christmas makes anyone feel better, in fact, I'm feeling better already.

Comments
Heather cooked all day yesterday as did Jeanette. I smoked two turkeys and a pork loin.
Gramps is here, Uncle Bob is still enroute. He changed his route and tried to go through Dallas at rush hour. It took him six hours yesterday to get from Waco to the north side of Dallas. Then he missed his turn to Tulsa and is spending the night in a motel out in the middle of nowhere. He's all stressed out and exhausted. He'll be able to rest when he gets here. He's only a couple hours away now I think.
You guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!