Getting close...

Due to our Alaskan cruise, I've been on "vacation" from school for the last several weeks.  I have really enjoyed it.

Reading for pleasure rather than for the purpose of completing an assignment.

Having time where there's "nothing to do".

Going to movies on Saturday afternoons.

Becoming addicted to the TV especially HGTV and "So you think you can dance".

Going hiking with my beloved husband on a Sunday afternoon.

Not having the stress of completing 4-5 assignments per week.

Not pulling my hair out over a Java programming assignment that I just can't grasp.

I could really get used to this.  Working full-time and going to school three-fourths leaves little time for anything else.

I have to admit that I've had thoughts of giving it all up and just enjoying life for a while.  Then I got an e-mail from my college advisor on Friday.  It was entitled "How to Apply for Graduation".

Wow!  Yes, I am that close.  Five more classes and I will have that much sought after Information Technology Management degree that I have been pursuing for the last couple years.

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it! 

40 more weeks and then I can do all those things that other people do in their spare time.  Hmmm....if I take two classes every eight weeks I could be done by the end of the year.  No, that's probably not a good idea.  Poor Irv couldn't live with an Ellen who is that stressed out.

What's your goal for the next year?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I love time, time is worth more to me than money. That degree is very close. You always were a smart cookie Ellen.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!