Working weekend

To celebrate the end of my eight-week Java class that gave me an unheard of stress level, I decided it was time to redo the master bath.

Poor Irv.  He hates it when I get ideas in my head.

Anyway, my color scheme was purple, brown, and beige.



I forgot to take a "before" picture, but here's an "in-midst-of" picture.









I wouldn't let him take a picture of me in my painting outfit.


Why is it that preparing to paint takes twice as long as the actual painting?  It would be a lot more fun if you could just throw the paint on instead of having to tape and all that other stuff.











What would I do if I didn't have Irv to climb up in places like this to paint areas that nobody, except for me, can see?

I slept better last night than I have in ages, apparently physical labor makes you really, really tired.  I think Irv and I are getting too old for these projects.

We did take time off this morning to go to church and a movie--An Act of Valor.  It was a pretty good movie, better than I expected.

There's still a couple more little things to do and some touch-up painting, but here's the almost finished product.







I'm collecting artwork of bathtubs so if you see any, let me know.
















I am a major bath taker especially when it's cold outside.  I've also found that a bath is the only thing that makes me feel better when the pain that I've been having since last July sets in (but that's a topic for another blog).




I've kept this orchid alive for two years since we were in Hawaii.  I'm hoping it will like living in this bathroom and will bloom this year (the bloom you see there is fake, but the leaves and roots are real).








I love it!

I wonder how we'll celebrate my next class, IT Project Management, which starts tomorrow.

Hmmm....ideas, ideas, ideas.

Comments

Emily said…
Looks great guys! I love the color combination.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, you guys did good work. It looks great.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!