St. Paddy's Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day!  We decided to head downtown to the St. Patrick's Day parade.  I think everyone else in Colorado Springs had the same idea.  I've never seen so many people downtown for a parade.  Maybe it was because there was a 5K run and a bicycle race beforehand. 

Irv and I wanted to enter the 5K, but we didn't think about it until the day before.  By that time all the t-shirts were gone and they were out of numbers, but they would still let us pay our $30 and run.   No thanks.  If I'm going to enter a race, I have to have the t-shirt as a souvenir.  Next year we'll have to think about it sooner.



The best entry in the parade was the bagpipes.  I just love them.









Of course there were horses.  Here's my friend Pam on her horse.  Such a brave woman!  I shudder to think how our horses would behave on a crowded city street with all kinds of strange sights and sounds.






There were good lookin' men--especially this tall, dark and handsome fella that I'm pretty fond of and my favorite grandson.







Afterwards we celebrated with a burger and a green beer at a local pub. 









It was a fun day!  I just wish the rest of the family could have been with us too.

How did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?


Today we had 60 mph winds.  Tomorrow is going to be 30 degrees cooler.  I'm off on a road trip to our offices in Lamar and La Junta for a couple days.  Hopefully I'll find some good blogging material along the way.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It looks to me like you celebrated right. We didn't do anything big. Just a regular Saturday for us. We wore green though.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!