Road Trip
I spent a lot of time in the car today. I met a co-worker at 6:00 this morning so we could get on the road and be in our Burlington office (near the Kansas border) by 9:00. We did our annual IT security training and a little computer maintenance, then hit the road to our Limon office where we did the same thing all over again.
When I got home around 4:00 Irv and I jumped back in the car to go pick up our annual supply of beef from the butcher.
Our trip was made a little more pleasant by an unexpected surprise on the radio.
You may be wondering why MMM Bop gets a mention on the blog.
Well, you have to know Jillian. She was, and still is, the biggest Hanson fan of all time. MMM Bop was a regular tune around our house.
She knew everything about them and by default, I did too.
She and a friend even flew to Kansas City to see them in concert several years ago when they were in middle school, or was it high school? Those Hanson, Brittany Spears, and N'Sync days all kind of blur together.
Dana lived in Kansas City at the time and she encouraged their stalking behavior by hanging around their hotel and bus and who knows what else. (Sometimes it's better if mom doesn't know everything.)
So Hanson and MMM Bop are a good memory.
Then I got to see one of the Extreme Home Makeover houses that was built not too far from our house several years ago. It's been a while since I've seen it and it still looks fabulous. I especially love the little red school house they built for the family.
On the way home we had this beautiful view of Pikes Peak. We've lived here 14 years now and this mountain still takes my breath away. Is there anything more beautiful?
Not a bad picture for a cell phone.
When we got home we packed our freezer. This beef came from one of my favorite customers so I'm hoping it will be very tasty. It joins Rosie the pig in the freezer.
Can't wait to try it!
So this is what you blog about when you have nothing to blog about.
How was your day?
When I got home around 4:00 Irv and I jumped back in the car to go pick up our annual supply of beef from the butcher.
Our trip was made a little more pleasant by an unexpected surprise on the radio.
You may be wondering why MMM Bop gets a mention on the blog.
Well, you have to know Jillian. She was, and still is, the biggest Hanson fan of all time. MMM Bop was a regular tune around our house.
She knew everything about them and by default, I did too.
She and a friend even flew to Kansas City to see them in concert several years ago when they were in middle school, or was it high school? Those Hanson, Brittany Spears, and N'Sync days all kind of blur together.
Dana lived in Kansas City at the time and she encouraged their stalking behavior by hanging around their hotel and bus and who knows what else. (Sometimes it's better if mom doesn't know everything.)
So Hanson and MMM Bop are a good memory.
Then I got to see one of the Extreme Home Makeover houses that was built not too far from our house several years ago. It's been a while since I've seen it and it still looks fabulous. I especially love the little red school house they built for the family.
On the way home we had this beautiful view of Pikes Peak. We've lived here 14 years now and this mountain still takes my breath away. Is there anything more beautiful?
Not a bad picture for a cell phone.
When we got home we packed our freezer. This beef came from one of my favorite customers so I'm hoping it will be very tasty. It joins Rosie the pig in the freezer.
Can't wait to try it!
So this is what you blog about when you have nothing to blog about.
How was your day?
Comments
We've sat near them at concerts. They are recognized instantly and they are incredibly gracious with fans that come up and want photographs and such. Great guys. My Taylor Swift concert post that just mentioned seeing the Hanson's has got over 25,000 google hits on people searching for "Hanson". My second most popular post has about 125 hits.
So if in doubt post about Hanson.