Trivial Pursuit Challenge - Results and More Questions

Bob missed his flight out of Tulsa this morning so he won't be here until this evening.  We picked up Mary at her office and took her out to lunch.  She took us to one of her favorite places in Colorado City--Meadow Muffins. 


I had the avocado burger--avocado, green chili, sour cream, and pepper jack cheese.  Yum!

Gramps and Mary had the Philly Steak sandwich which also looked pretty good.

Irv had a plain old club sandwich.

After lunch I took Gramps to Wal-Mart for a few items I still needed to get.  I can't think of anything more fun than Wal-Mart two days before Christmas.  It was crazy busy!  Then we came home and had our afternoon naps.




Here are the official answers from Day 1:

#1 (geography) - Where is the Abominable Snowman said to wander? The Himalayas


#2 (entertainment) - What orchestra's theme song was Moonlight Serenade? The Glenn Miller Orchestra's

#3 (history) - What's the U.S. Navy hymn? Anchors Aweigh

#4 (arts & literature) - What cocktail inspired John Doxat to write the book Stirred - Not Shaken? The martini

#5 (science & nature) - What was the claim to fame of Explorer I, launched Feb. 1, 1958? It was the first U.S. satellite

#6 (sports & leisure) - What do you get by mixing gin and vermouth? A martini

All three teams answered Eternal Father, Strong to Save for the Navy hymn. I think that was a poorly worded question so I’m giving you all credit for that answer.

The scores after day 1 are:

Blue team (Irv) – 5 out of 6 (what are hints of inner Van Allen Radiation Belt?)

Yellow team (Dana and Adam) – 6 out of 6!

Brown team (Alan and Heather) – 6 out of 6!

Everyone gets a pink wedge.  However, I've decided to change the rules again to make the game more competitive.  Whoever gets the most answers correct wins a wedge.  In the case of a tie, both win a wedge.  No more changes, I promise.
Still no response from the Pink Team of Jillian and Brian. Maybe they don’t have access to a computer in Wisconsin, or maybe they just don’t want to play. The Orange Team of Mary and Mr. Beans will not be joining the game because they don’t like Trivial Pursuit. Party Poopers!

Here are the Day 3 questions for a BLUE wedge:
  1. Geography - What city bills itself as The First City of the Plain?
  2. Entertainment - Who replaced Pete Best?
  3. History - What museum did Mari Grosholtz open on London's Baker Street in 1834?
  4. Arts & Literature - What Agatha Christie play features Molly Ralston, Major Metcalf and Detective Sergeant Trotter?
  5. Science & Nature - What creative genius said: "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"?
  6. Sports & Leisure - How many letters long must a word be to collect first-move bonus points in Scrabble Crossword Game?
Good luck!

Comments

polcat24 said…
!- Kansas City
2- Ringo Starr
3- Madam Trussaud Wax
4- The mousetrap
5- Thomas Eddison
6- Two
polcat24 said…
There should be a picture of my sandwich!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!