It's time to go home :(

We had a great time in Vegas.  The highlight was not only the rodeo on Sunday night and shopping at the Cowboy Christmas, but the American Country Awards that we went to last night.  It was the first time for this award show and we were lucky enough to get tickets.  Trace Adkins was the host, but we also go to see:

Reba
  • REBA!
  • Alan Jackson
  • Rascal Flatts
  • Jason Aldean
  • Toby Keith
  • Lady Antebellum
  • Carrie Underwood
  • The Band Perry
  • Jeff Dunham
  • Bret Michaels
  • Blake Shelton
  • Miranda Lambert
  • Easton Corbin

It was a great show, even from the nose bleed section of the MGM Grand Garden Arena.  We had to check our camera in when we arrived so the only picture I have is this one that I took with my cell phone.

I don't think my dad had the best time, he packed up and left to go home on Monday.  I think the Strip was a little overwhelming for him.  He is really good at video poker and was the only winner between the three of us.  We drove out to Hoover Dam one day to take a look at the new dam bypass bridge that was completed a couple months ago.


















We got up early on Sunday to watch the start of the Las Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon.  Thirty thousand "athletes" participated including lots of Elvises or is that Elvi?









All good things must come to an end so it's time to leave the glitz of Vegas and return to the real world.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, sounds like a great time. I can't believe that you couldn't take your camera in. They are not very blogger friendly. Here the BOK Arena draws the line at cameras with detachable lens.

I'm jealous of all the folks you got to see. Did they have video screens for better viewing?

I think the strip would overwhelm me.

Next year, you and Irv can run the Marathon there.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!