The Holidays are Winding Down
The family has gone home, Jillian and Brian are back from Wisconsin, Santa has come and gone and the house is back to normal. Now I have time to play with my new toy. Santa was really good to me this year and brought me a Nikon D5000. Tonight I sat down with the owner's manual and started discovering how to use it. I have a lot to learn, not only the technical aspects, but the artistic part as well. Maybe I need to take a photography class, or maybe Dana will teach me everything she's learning in her class. First things first though...Irv and I are planning our 2011 vacation. It will have to be somewhere that has opportunities for great photos. Will it be Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Disney World, or some other fun location? We can't decide.
The holidays didn't end so great for Jillian. At work yesterday they told her that their business had slowed down and they couldn't afford to keep her anymore. She was quite upset, but has a great attitude about it. She's looking at it as an opportunity for a better job. I think our family has had its share of job losses due to the economy. First my brother Bob, then Mary, and now Jillian. Bob and Mary found better jobs so I know the same will happen for Jillian. If you hear of any openings for an Ag Business major, let us know.
The holidays didn't end so great for Jillian. At work yesterday they told her that their business had slowed down and they couldn't afford to keep her anymore. She was quite upset, but has a great attitude about it. She's looking at it as an opportunity for a better job. I think our family has had its share of job losses due to the economy. First my brother Bob, then Mary, and now Jillian. Bob and Mary found better jobs so I know the same will happen for Jillian. If you hear of any openings for an Ag Business major, let us know.
Comments
Bob is getting ready to take off for Corpus Christi tomorrow morning.