Rewind to 1983...

I wasn't a country music fan at all.  Then I heard a new duo--the Judds.   A mother and daughter who sang together.  I was hooked.  I knew all their music, went to every concert I could, and knew everything about them--I became a "Judd head".  When it came to an end in 1991 because of Naomi's hepatitis C diagnosis, I was heartbroken.  Although we were living in Germany at the time, my mom recorded their final concert on a VHS tape and mailed it to me.  I cried like a baby.

Then they had  a reunion tour, and guess where they opened--the Pepsi Center in Denver.  Irv, Jillian, and I were there for that concert.  The first and only time I've ever been to the Pepsi Center. 

A few months ago they announced their Last Encore Tour.  Irv and I heard about it while we were in Hawaii.  I knew I would be there no matter where it was.  If they didn't perform in Colorado, I would travel wherever I needed to.  Luckily, they had a concert scheduled for Broomfield, Colorado which is northwest of Denver.  I was all set to buy tickets when they added a concert in Colorado Springs.  Woohoo!  Then I heard the date--December 7th.  This was going to interfere with our annual trip to Vegas.  My dad had a timeshare reserved in Vegas for the week of December 3-10.  Oh well!  We're coming home early from Vegas.  We arrived home from Vegas at 4:00 on December 7th so we could be at the concert by 7:30.  Third row seats!

It was awesome!  It was like they had never been gone.  Naomi with her frilly dresses and Wynonna with her incredible voice.  There were many songs that made me cry when I thought I might never see them together again.  They had a significant influence on my life and I'll always be their biggest fan (although I'm sure there are a lot of other Judd heads who think they're the biggest fan).

Thanks Wyonna and Naomi for 27 years of joy.  I'm glad I got to share it one more time with Jillian.  And by the way Jillian, I forgive you for saying the concert was never ending.  What else were you going to do during those 3 hours?  I could have listened to them all night.

I'm holding out for the "Final Final Concert Tour" in another ten years or so.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The Judds are wonderful. They have such smooth songs. I'm glad that they go together again and that you got to see them.
D'Ann said…
I never got to see them in concert! I sure do love their music, though. I am heartbroken about Naomi. I hope she's out of pain now, and I'm sure the angels have gathered around to sing with her.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!