Skywatch Friday: Snow Day!

 Yesterday I was driving around running errands and can you see how warm it was?

Yep, 63 degrees at the end of February on the high plains of Colorado.  This is 83 degrees warmer than the previous week when we got down to -20.  Love, love, love winter days like this.

Then, we woke up to about six inches of snow.  Lots of states say "wait five minutes and the weather will change", but this really has to be a Colorado saying.  Today we have six inches of snow and tomorrow it's supposed to be back in the 50s.  I'm not complaining...I love that our snow usually melts on the same day that it falls.

My hubby and I had a real snow day today.  My art class was cancelled and then I called and cancelled my PT appointment.  When I retired from my job I also retired from driving on the snow.


Instead I baked cookies while the hubby went outside and did some snow throwing.  He even made a path to the barn.  I was going to go outside and get a photo, but as you know, I really, really hate the cold.  Plus I'm avoiding anything slippery until my knee is better.  The last thing I need is to fall and injure my already injured knee.


We laid around and watched some movies, took a little siesta, and enjoyed some kitty cuteness.

Doesn't that face just make your day all better?

Even old retired people get to enjoy a snow day every now and then.

Linking with Skywatch Friday



Comments

lesh Stgermain said…
Love your snowfield! Have lived in the Northern California mountains, so I can imagine what it is around Colorado. But this gets better. We moved to Texas in August lamenting we would not have a winter. Unbeknownst to me, we would have a once-in-a-generation ice storm and power outage last week waiting for us in Feb.Ah, this is life eh? Jesh
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That's some major snowblowing, clearing a path to your barn!! I gave up snow and ice driving when I retired as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!