A Grim Milestone

 Our country hit a grim milestone yesterday.

500,000 of our fellow citizens have died of Covid-19.

It's a solemn day.  500,000 is more than the population of the city I live closest to.

Everyone of those souls was someone's father, mother, brother, sister, child, friend, etc.  Each of them was loved and valued by someone.

We could and should have done so much better.

I'm not going to say it nicely...wear your damn mask.  You reTrumplicans need to stop politicizing a worldwide pandemic.  Those of you who believe this is a hoax or a conspiracy theory...smarten up and open your eyes, stop being so weak minded.  Believe in the science.

This morning I went to get my hair cut and my stylist said "it's just the two of us, we don't need to wear masks if you don't want to".   I told her I was wearing my mask which prompted her to immediately put hers on (which is mandatory in Colorado right now).  She's a reTrumplican through and through and was just at a large funeral.  It's weak moments like that that keep this virus spreading.  Wear your damn mask!

I always wear a mask and stay home as much as possible.  Everyone of those 500,000 souls means something to me.  I wear a mask to honor their memories and for our healthcare works and first responders who are overwhelmed because of all those folks who chose to not wear a mask or social distance.

We can do this!

I called yesterday and I'm number 38,000 in line once phase 2 opens for vaccines.  You can bet I'll be there when my turn rolls around and I'll still be wearing a mask until this country reaches herd immunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!