Time to march

The time has finally arrived for the Women's March on Denver.  Mary and I will be attending on Saturday to fight for the rights of women around the world.

The days following the election were tough.  How in the world could our country have elected that man who has no respect for women?  And even more disturbing, how could those millions of people voted for him after the comments he made concerning women and minorities?  When it was announced that there would be a March in Washington the day following the inauguration, I was ready to book my flight and hotel room.  Then the movement spread across the country and the world.  So now all I have to do is get on a bus and go to Denver--much more pleasant than traveling across country.

For me, this march is not about protesting Trump.  He's the president, I've accepted that.  It's about the treatment that women endure every day.  From our reproductive rights to the 78 cents we earn on the dollar compared to men--it's unacceptable.  Women are still on the "back of bus" in America and I for one am not going to accept that without protest.  I'm very tired of the good, ole white boy club.  I'm tired of the discrimination against women by other women.  I'm tired of being told that my daughter didn't need to go to college because she'd just end up as a stay at home mom anyway.  I'm tired of my assistant being hired on at the same wage I was earning after 10 years with the company because "he has a family to support".

So for all those women who worked diligently to get us the rights we have today, I march to continue to make this an equal society.

Susan B. Anthony
Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Lucy Stone
Alice Paul
The National Women's Rights Convention
and so many more.









I think Mary plans on this being more of a riot than a peaceful march as evidenced by the difference in the shirts we have each chosen to wear.  I just hope someone will come bail us out of jail is things get out of hand.


Anyway, there are sister marches going on all around the world on Saturday.  Check out the link below and join one if you can.

http://www.marchoncolorado.org/home/sister-marches





Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Way to Go Ellen and Mary!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!