Skywatch Friday: That bitter taste

Recently my daughter and I have been discussing IPA beer and how's it made.  This discussion led to the topic of hops and how they provide the bitter taste in beer.

 
This week's Skywatch Friday is from my archives of when I was in California last year and toured the Sierra Nevada Brewery.
 
 
In the back of the brewery they have beautiful gardens.
 
 
Here's how hops are grown.
 
 
After harvesting they are baled...
 
 
then mixed with barley, yeast and who knows what else in a vessel such as this where it's mashed, milled, fermented, boiled, etc.

 
Then it's packages and shipped in a nice cold truck to a location near you.
 
See, I paid attention on the tour.
 

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I've drank my share of Sierra Nevada!!
What a great tour. Hope you had a chance to do some sampling!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!