Harry Potter Crazies!
We're back from the Sunshine State. It was nice to get away for a few days. It was a mix of business and pleasure, for me anyway. For Irv it was all pleasure.
Here they are in Diagon Alley, I think. This whole area was hidden behind a wall. I would never have known it was there if Jillian hadn't been our tour director. How did she know about it?
Triple decker purple bus...pretty cool!
We had a few days of fun which included visits to all four Disney Parks and a trip to Universal Studios. For years Jillian has wanted to visit Harry Potter World at Universal so she flew down and joined us for a few days.
So here's Harry Potter land or world or whatever it's called. I must admit that I'm a Harry Potter beginner. I've only read the first book. I know enough about how it all started, but I don't know all the little details like Jillian and her dad do.
So here we are trying to take it all in. Do you know what I love about this picture? Although Irv is a great subject, I love the older lady on the left side with her Harry Potter robe and in her hands there is a magic wand.
Here's another grown adult with his interactive wand making all the plants and flowers come to life in the windows. We're all kids when visiting these magical places...wait, this isn't Disney so it can't be magical. What would be the appropriate Harry Potter descriptive word?
Here are Irv and Jillian picking out their wands in the store (sorry, I don't remember the name of the wand store). Anyway, the $48 price tag was enough to have them leave empty handed.
Here they are in Diagon Alley, I think. This whole area was hidden behind a wall. I would never have known it was there if Jillian hadn't been our tour director. How did she know about it?
Triple decker purple bus...pretty cool!
We got to ride the Hogwarts Express from one of the Universal Parks to the other.
Universal is pretty smart because they put a little of Harry Potter World in both parks, therefore if you're a diehard Harry Potter fan like some people I know, you have to buy the park-to-park pass for an extra $50. Yes, we made it to both parks.
All I know is that I have a lot to learn about Harry Potter. Maybe in the next few months I'll have time to read all the books...I just might have some extra time on my hands next year.
By the way, the first week in December is a GREAT time to visit Disney and Universal. The lines were almost non-existent, especially at Universal. Much better than going in spring and summer when it's so busy.
I took the quiz and found out that I am a member of the Gryffindor House which much be a pretty good thing because Irv and Jillian seemed a little jealous.
The Gryffindor house emphasizes the traits of courage as well as "daring, nerve, and chivalry," and thus its members are generally regarded as brave, though sometimes to the point of recklessness. They can also be short-tempered.
Sounds just like me don't you think?

Comments