Overextended, but feeling great!

For the last three weeks I've been traveling.

  • Tulsa
  • Chandler
  • Montreal
  • Wichita

I may have finally reached my breaking point.  I've been home for a couple days and now I'm headed out to Ft. Collins for 4-H State Conference.

I'm the superintendent for the horse bowl contest on Thursday.  You would think that would be enough of a commitment, but no--I "volunteered" to help with the horse judging contest on Wednesday.

On Saturday I'm helping with a local 4-H horse show.

Although I hesitate to admit it, I MAY have overextended myself.  I hardly have time to breathe and I'm feeling exhausted.  People are always telling me to slow down, but you know what?  You've got to keep moving, you've got to keep helping your community, and you've got to keep doing the things you love.  It's much better than just sitting around wasting away.

My full-time job is getting in the way of my volunteer obligations and my vacations.  Which should I give up?  The one that is stressful and frustrating, or the one that is my passion and my joy?

I think I've solved the problem though.

Today I bought a camper.  (Yes, I bought a camper--I did all the negotiations and paperwork.)  Although it's a luxury model that's fully equipped with TV, cable, electricity, water, toilet, shower, air-conditioning, etc., it's also capable of dry camping with only a few of these options.  Oh how wonderful it sounds to get out in the wilderness without wireless, without TV, without phones and yes, without people.

Unplugged!  So excited!

Here's a little tour.


It's a StarCraft 24 1/2 foot Autumn Ridge travel trailer.  It's got an electric awning, plus a pass through storage in the front and a small storage area in the rear.


It has one slide-out.  It also has an electric hitch and jacks for leveling


The dinette table is in the slide-out and that's where Mr. Beans will sleep (although he says he's never going camping).

The kitchen has a 60/40 split sink, microwave, 3-burner stove, oven, and 8 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer plus plenty of cabinets and drawers.

There's an entertainment center with TV, CD, Bluetooth, AM/FM radio and the sound can be sent to speakers mounted on the outside of the trailer. 


In the back there is a bathroom has a porcelain toilet, sink, shower with glass door, and...


a gigantic closet (by RV standards anyway).  This is my closet!


The bench seats have giant drawers that slide out for extra storage. And oh yes, leather upholstery.


The front of the trailer has a queen sized bedroom that is separated by a wall and pocket door from the rest of the space.  There is additional storage under the bed and in the closets on each side of the bed.

The living area also has a small couch that will make into a bed for Miss GiGi plus more storage above.

There's skylight in the roof plus air-conditioning and heating.  There's an outside shower and the trailer can be connected to solar panels to trickle charge the batteries when we're out in the boonies.

It's not really roughing it, but it took me 39 years to get Irv to agree to start camping so if this is what it takes, then I'm all in.

I'm already checking out the state parks and forest service campgrounds to see where we'll be spending our weekends.

Now I can't wait for a weekend without any commitments to roll around!

Time to hit the road!

Feeling great!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Quite a rig you got there. Very luxurious and spacious. Quite different than the trailer we had as a kid. How did five us live in that thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!