Montreal Day 2!
On our first full day in Montreal we were off to the races...actually the practice for the big race. It was a bright, sunny day, but still kind of chilly.
Here we all are, even in Canada we'll ask random strangers to take a group shot. If you're wondering where Miss G is, she's on Adam's back.
The Biosphere was located on the same island as the race track so we decided to go through it. It's an environmental museum...I'll blog more about it later.
After unsuccessfully trying to find a couple geocaches on the island we decided to take the ferry back to the city rather than the metro.
From the ferry we could see this really unique building. I wonder what it is...apartments I'd guess. I think I may have seen this on HGTV a while back.
We wandered through Old Montreal for awhile before setting out to find a place for dinner.
Adam is great at finding wonderful restaurants and this night was no exception. This little family-run restaurant was fantastic.
This is not what I had for dinner, but I wish I had. This was one of their specialties--mac and cheese. It was so yummy! Jillian made a good choice although the pizza I had was good too.
When dinner was finished it was time to find a metro station and head back to the apartment. Jillian had to stop and get new shoes on the way home because we walked a lot of miles that day and she had forgot to bring her tennis shoes along so her feet were blistered and sore.
A very fun day!
Here we all are, even in Canada we'll ask random strangers to take a group shot. If you're wondering where Miss G is, she's on Adam's back.
The walkway up to the race track was lined with banners of all the drives. I have to admit that I know nothing about Formula One racing, but since Adam likes Ricciardo from Team Australia, that's my team too.
Of course you have to try the local junk food so Dana got an order of "Puffs". Somewhat like a donut I'd say and just as bad for you, but yummy.
We found a seat on a grassy hill and watched the cars whoosh by. It was really hard capturing a shot of them because they're gone as soon as the shutter clicks.
Miss G had fun making new friends and flirting with a little boy who was next to us. He was too shy to come over and play.
Little Miss G's has really good parents who brought along hearing protection for her. The rest of us (mainly Irv and I) are so old that there was no need to protect what's left of our hearing.
Afterwards we walked around the grounds where there were numerous vendors. I thought this was a clever ATM, or at least I think it's an ATM.
The Biosphere was located on the same island as the race track so we decided to go through it. It's an environmental museum...I'll blog more about it later.
Of the hundreds of pictures I take I'm lucky to get a couple that I think turn out good. This was taken on the island and I'm pretty happy with it. This iris may the subject of a future painting.
After unsuccessfully trying to find a couple geocaches on the island we decided to take the ferry back to the city rather than the metro.
From the ferry we could see this really unique building. I wonder what it is...apartments I'd guess. I think I may have seen this on HGTV a while back.
We wandered through Old Montreal for awhile before setting out to find a place for dinner.
Adam is great at finding wonderful restaurants and this night was no exception. This little family-run restaurant was fantastic.
Of course I tried a local beer, this one is named Albert 3. It was light and delicious.
This is not what I had for dinner, but I wish I had. This was one of their specialties--mac and cheese. It was so yummy! Jillian made a good choice although the pizza I had was good too.
When dinner was finished it was time to find a metro station and head back to the apartment. Jillian had to stop and get new shoes on the way home because we walked a lot of miles that day and she had forgot to bring her tennis shoes along so her feet were blistered and sore.
A very fun day!
Comments
I grew up in Montreal.
I thought that building looked familiar, thanks to Jackie for the information.
So fun to sample a different culture that is so close.
Kudos to Miss G's parents for the ear protection. I am the only one I know my age in the gas bidness who still has their high end hearing. I always wore my ear protection when I was around loud stuff. Hearing loss is progressive.