A week with my two favorite grandkids!
Last week was very special. We got to hang out with BOTH of our grandkids without any parents around.
We went to Phoenix where it was hot and I mean REALLY hot. We're talking 115-118 degrees. What do you do when it's that hot? Hang out in the pool.
When it cooled down to about 105 we headed to Top Golf. Have you ever been there? It's a driving range where you get points for which hole you make it in. Plus they have lounge areas to wait in until it's your turn.
On one of the hottest afternoons Mr. Beans chose the activity which was the Natural History Museum. Here is Mr. Beans loving on his cousin who quite frankly wasn't too sure about him.
We had to have a group selfie in front of one of the dinosaurs. Miss G loved the dinosaurs. They had an area with the big robotic dinosaurs that were roaring. She liked to roar back at them.
Mr. Beans and Irv spent an afternoon at the K1 Speedway. They have go carts that go about 40 MPH. This speed demon had the best time for the month. He did have a crash where he t-boned somebody, but luckily nobody was hurt. Shy was a little stiff, sore, and bruised the next day, but I think he had a lot of fun.
All week long we got to hear Sesame Street's Letter of the Day.
She is so dang cute even though I have this song running continuously through my head.
It was a great week. I had to come back early to work for a couple days, but tomorrow afternoon we leave on our next adventure--Montreal!
We went to Phoenix where it was hot and I mean REALLY hot. We're talking 115-118 degrees. What do you do when it's that hot? Hang out in the pool.
When it cooled down to about 105 we headed to Top Golf. Have you ever been there? It's a driving range where you get points for which hole you make it in. Plus they have lounge areas to wait in until it's your turn.
Plus they have wait staff who bring food and drinks right to you.
Irv was the big winner of the night especially since none of the rest of us know how to golf.
We spent an afternoon at the Phoenix Aquarium which was very nice and very cool. Miss G loved the fish. I think she liked fish because it sounds like Shhh. In G talk, Shhh means she wants a snack.
Mr. Beans was a good sport and I think he had a good time even though he acted like he didn't.
Miss G has a good time wherever she goes!
Irv and Mr. Beans went golfing one morning and guess what? The course was pretty much theirs. Who else goes golfing when it's 115 outside? These ducklings apparently thought Mr. Beans was their mother.
Irv and I took Miss G to story time at one of the local libraries. She listened intently and had a great time.
Of course there were many outfit changes. She finally got to wear one of the many tutus I got her for her birthday. Adorable!
On one of the hottest afternoons Mr. Beans chose the activity which was the Natural History Museum. Here is Mr. Beans loving on his cousin who quite frankly wasn't too sure about him.
We had to have a group selfie in front of one of the dinosaurs. Miss G loved the dinosaurs. They had an area with the big robotic dinosaurs that were roaring. She liked to roar back at them.
She's such a little charmer too. She looks at people with those big blue eyes and that sweet smile and they just melt.
Mr. Beans and Irv spent an afternoon at the K1 Speedway. They have go carts that go about 40 MPH. This speed demon had the best time for the month. He did have a crash where he t-boned somebody, but luckily nobody was hurt. Shy was a little stiff, sore, and bruised the next day, but I think he had a lot of fun.
All week long we got to hear Sesame Street's Letter of the Day.
She is so dang cute even though I have this song running continuously through my head.
It was a great week. I had to come back early to work for a couple days, but tomorrow afternoon we leave on our next adventure--Montreal!
Comments