Maybe...maybe not
While driving home from Mr. Beans' birthday party on Saturday night we passed this little dog laying on the shoulder of the busy highway. We turned around and picked her up then rushed her to the nearest ER for pets.

She was awake when we found her, but as soon as we wrapped her in a blanket and I held her in my lap she closed her eyes and put her head down.
The vet accepted her and said they'd turn her over to the Humane Society the next day. They also said they would not be able to tell us anything further about her to protect the rights of the owners who may come forward.
So, she's been at the Humane Society since Sunday. The initial report we got on Monday indicated that she has a broken pelvis and possible brain damage. They said to call back in two days. We felt this was a good sign. They're treating her, there must be hope.
Two days went by and Irv called to check on her. As it turns out we were mistaken to think the Humane Society was treating her injuries. They're just keeping her comfortable until the owners five days to claim her is up. Even if they thought she should be euthanized, they have to wait five days to do it.
Seems cruel to me, but I know they have limited funds to invest in these critters.
We made the decision to bring her home if her injuries were survivable. However, that's not going to happen. I found out last night that someone has already put a hold on her and put a deposit down on her adoption fee. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach and my heart has been ripped in two.
I just want her to know that even though we don't know her, we care about her and want her to have a good family. I just want her to have a chance. I hope her new family will take good care of her.
Now I can't talk about her anymore because it's too painful.
She was awake when we found her, but as soon as we wrapped her in a blanket and I held her in my lap she closed her eyes and put her head down.
The vet accepted her and said they'd turn her over to the Humane Society the next day. They also said they would not be able to tell us anything further about her to protect the rights of the owners who may come forward.
So, she's been at the Humane Society since Sunday. The initial report we got on Monday indicated that she has a broken pelvis and possible brain damage. They said to call back in two days. We felt this was a good sign. They're treating her, there must be hope.
Two days went by and Irv called to check on her. As it turns out we were mistaken to think the Humane Society was treating her injuries. They're just keeping her comfortable until the owners five days to claim her is up. Even if they thought she should be euthanized, they have to wait five days to do it.
Seems cruel to me, but I know they have limited funds to invest in these critters.
We made the decision to bring her home if her injuries were survivable. However, that's not going to happen. I found out last night that someone has already put a hold on her and put a deposit down on her adoption fee. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach and my heart has been ripped in two.
I just want her to know that even though we don't know her, we care about her and want her to have a good family. I just want her to have a chance. I hope her new family will take good care of her.
Now I can't talk about her anymore because it's too painful.
Comments