A disaster beyond imagination

A disaster happened this past weekend.

Well, I'm probably the only person who considers this a disaster, but that's what it is.

A couple weeks ago I started a new painting.  It's a portrait of Jillian's horse, the first painting I've actually started with the intention of giving to someone and it's the first painting I've done of an animal I actually know.  It's nowhere near finished, but I've already invested lots of hours into it.

Then this happened!  While transporting it to painting class my roller bag with all my painting supplies fell over on top of it.


I can't show you the whole painting because it's still in the kindergarten phase.  All I can say is that I wanted to throw myself on the ground and scream and cry while flailing my arms and legs.  Yes, just like a kindergartener would have done.
 
On a positive note, at least it happened in the blue sky which is easier to repaint than the face.
 
So what do you do when a disaster happens?  You go straight to YouTube to learn how to fix it.  A patch plan was developed.  Irv was nice enough to go to the store to fetch me the proper glue and some canvas.
 
 

Here it is on the back of the canvas.


Here it is with the patch in place--phase I.  It has to dry for a few hours.  After it's dry I'll put some of my texture paint on the front to fill in the crevice and then I'll sand it down-phases II and III.

Keep your fingers crossed.  If I have to start the painting over again I am probably going to scream and cry for real.

If it does work just think about what will happen in 639 years when an unknown Ellen painting of a horse is discovered.  All kinds of curators will spend countless hours trying to discover the meaning of the patch.  It will be the mystery of the world. 

Stay tuned...I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Youtube is wonderful, you can find out how to fix anything.

I am hoping the patch works. It looks optimistic right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!